Qualified Senior Accountant
|Job Title:||Qualified Senior Accountant|
|Salary:||£38,600 to £50,200 depending on experience|
|Contact Name:||Laura Wykes|
|Job Published:||October 17, 2019 11:23|
Job Title: Qualified Senior Accountant
Salary: £38,600 to £50,200 depending on experience
Benefits: 24 days annual leave increasing with service to 30 days, Bonus paid quarterly, Share Scheme, Non-contributory Pension Scheme 10%, Private Medical Insurance, Dental and Vision Scheme, Life Insurance
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Hours: Full Time - 37.50
Travel: 5% to include Global
Relocation/Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
Closing Date: Wednesday 30 October
Job Reference: 190008GO
Cat Financial with the backing of parent company, Caterpillar Inc. offer a wide range of finance solutions to customers and Cat® dealers for Cat® machinery and engines, Solar® gas turbines and other equipment and marine vessels. We provide financial solutions and service excellence to help our customers make progress possible, every day.
As an Senior Accountant you will assist the Accounting Manager in carrying out the legal entity financial reporting and accounting responsibilities
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Financial Reporting under US GAAP
- Prepares internal management reports with appropriate analysis and comments, such as the significant figures report and income statement variances reports.
- Submit month end portfolio reports for local and head office requirements
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliations for complex ledger accounts and reviews reconciliations of lower complexity accounts prepare by other team members
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts to conform to Local GAAP accounting standard requirements
- Coordinates activities for audit reviews performed by the internal and external auditors.
- Prepares and submits relevant tax schedules as required for US Tax / Local country tax / VAT
- Manage and control the integrity of the General Ledger to sub systems subledgers for the company lease & loan portfolio
- Manage the Accounting system including resolving system issues to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Review and approval of various documents which include : Journals / Bank Payments / Invoices / Cash Management
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- ACCA or ACA, CIMA Qualified.
- Experience of Statutory Accounts, US GAAP/IFRS/UK GAAP (Local GAAP), account reconciliation and month end reporting.
- Proactive and uses own initiative to work independently.
- Ability to work with multi-currency (multiple currency exposures) and forex reporting.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Attention to detail and can meet tight deadlines.
- Organised, prioritises work and used to working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ingenuity and innovation.
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- A Degree in Accounting or a relevant business discipline
- US GAAP and/or Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the financial accounting activities of a multinational organisation.
- Financial Services experience
- Oracle system experience
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
To apply for this position please visit Log onto Caterpillar Careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers) > Careers > Search and apply > Experienced Professionals > paste the job number from then advert into the search box and then follow the application process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Accountant (Family Office)
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + bonus
£180 - £250 per day
Group Financial Accountant
City of London, London
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus, pension + other benefits
Financial Accountant (Investment Management)
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus
Senior Finance Analyst
£35000 - £45000 per annum