£45000 - £50000 per annum
17 days ago
You will be responsible for completing monthly management accounts, forecasting and budgeting whilst business partnering in the Capital Investment division of the business. This could include managing capital spend levels, costs and balance sheet reviews and monitoring the aging of Key accounts.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It's an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
- Month End Accounting for Capital Expenditure Projects (Inc. Accruals, Journals, Balance Sheets, Fixed Assets and Variance Analysis)
- Business Partnering for the Capital Investment Project Team, Understand and Challenging the programme and getting under the skin of the operational business
- Lead the monthly capital investment and expenditure review meeting
- Review the Capital Project 5-year plan - Quarterly Forecasts, Annual Budgeting and reviewing the latest estimates
- Monitor Spend and ensuring the correct split of Capex/Opex and meeting accounting standards.
- Implement Business Controls and Procedures. Including Capital Controls and Governance Processes. Monitoring this controls and ensuring spend is within budget
- Produce Monthly Capex Reports - Forecasts, Month End Flash Reporting and present these to senior stakeholders
- Produce Half year and year end fixed asset statutory notes
- Produce Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Being a key contact to external audit on all fixed assets and CapEx
- Adhoc Tasks as and when needed
- Fully qualified ACCA/CIMA accountant (or in final stages) with a minimum of Grade C in English and Maths
- Extensive experience with Management Accounts and Business Partnering
- Strong Numerical and Analytical Skills
- Be an excellent communicator (verbal and written) with all levels of colleagues within the business
- An excellent business partner with other departments to effectively deliver monthly processes
- You must have a keen eye for detail whilst working in a time-pressured environment
- Enjoy challenges to current processes and ways to streamline them
It would be highly advantageous if you had experience in accounting for large scale capital investment and experienced use of Navision
£45,000 - £50,000 (DOE)
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days' holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with their subsidiaries and Garage