Qualified Accountant/Client Relationship Manager
|Job Title:||Qualified Accountant/Client Relationship Manager|
|Salary:||£40,000 - £50,000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lavinia Newman|
|Job Published:||October 09, 2019 12:43|
Client Relationship Manager role with partnership opportunities for a qualified accountant (ACCA or ICAEW) in a growing Southampton accountancy firm with an audit company. The role is to work alongside the partner to manage a portfolio of clients, undertake practice development activities and assist with specialist work as it arises. Audit experience or qualification an advantage.
This is an exciting role for a mature, entrepreneurial candidate with a good all round skill set who already has good practice experience at manager level, is experienced at reviewing accounts and tax work and is looking for a challenge.
We have an interesting client base and offer good long term career prospects for a candidate who has good technical, interpersonal, leadership and commercial skills with an interest in added value client service and developing existing and new business. You will assist in managing a team of part qualified and trainee staff and be working alongside other qualified staff.
The successful candidate will come from a practice background and must have staff supervision, review and management experience.
This is a client facing role so you must have a working knowledge of: bookkeeping, VAT, payroll, statutory and consolidated accounts preparation and associated general tax compliance.
You should be able to:
- Plan, budget, manage and review: bookkeeping using Sage, Xero & Quickbooks; VAT compliance; Sage payroll; the preparation of final accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies in statutory compliant format using accounts production software
- Undertake and review general tax compliance using software in respect of the above
- Systematically organise your work, be able to manage your time to meet deadlines and multitask where necessary
- Manage and plan work using the firm’s systems to ensure we maintain a steady workflow, calling for work from clients in an organised and planned manner to execute clients work in a timely fashion, managing expectations and demonstrating added value
- Work with our Statutory Auditor to assist with planning, managing and undertaking statutory audit work
- Supervise and train staff whilst they take their professional examinations
- Deal with client meetings and telephone calls and listen carefully to client’s instructions
- Be part of the management and business development team, seeing added value opportunities for existing and prospective clients in order to better fulfil their requirements and create opportunities to provide additional services
- Confidently undertake practice development activities and contribute to the process of winning new clients
- Contribute to maintaining our website
- Be a team player, engaging with other managers at regular meetings and sharing your ideas and enthusiasm
- Continue your professional development and life long learning to improve your business skills and have an interest in current affairs
- Have interests outside work and maintain a work life balance.
You will manage a small team of full time staff in training and liaise with the tax department, auditor and other qualified accountants and partners. This is a great opportunity for someone who is technically excellent, interested in providing really good quality work for clients, a team player and is looking for a challenge to join a firm with good partnership prospects.
The core full time hours will be 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Qualified Accountant / Manager Agricultural services
£35000 - £46000 per annum + benefits, negotiable
Accounts Senior – Qualified ACA
45000 - 50000
Qualified Audit and Accounts Senior
£30000 - £35000 per annum + plus benefits
Financial Accountant - Qualified Accountant
Crawley, West Sussex
Audit Senior - Newly Qualified Accountant
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£34000 - £36000 per annum + 25 days holiday + progression