QAD Reviewer - Audit and Practice Assurance
|Job Title:||QAD Reviewer - Audit and Practice Assurance|
|Location:||City of London|
|Salary:||£70,000 + £6,000 car allowance, pension scheme and private medical insurance|
|Job Published:||July 08, 2020 13:21|
QAD Reviewer - Audit and Practice Assurance
M25 area including extensive travel.
£70,000 +£6,000 car allowance, pension scheme and private medical insurance.
Join our team
‘The role uses the skills, knowledge and experience (both commercial and technical) I’ve acquired in previous jobs, and I’m still learning.’
‘It’s a dynamic and flexible role that combines collaboration with working autonomously. I don’t go to the same job every single day and some days I work from home.’
Be part of a team that ensures the highest levels of public confidence in the services delivered by practising members.
Using your people skills and considerable technical knowledge, you will visit firms of all sizes to review their procedures, processes and controls to make sure they align with relevant regulations and standards. You will provide constructive professional advice to help firms identify practical solutions to any findings you raise. You will also act as an ambassador for ICAEW, providing advice, managing concerns and explaining services either on a day-to-day basis or at events. For those wanting to broaden their horizons you may be involved in developing quality assurance programmes for other international bodies.
Purpose and Responsibilities
Conduct visits to members in practice and report on the findings
Drive continuous improvement in quality of work to ensure it is of the highest standard
3- Workflow Management
Ensure delivery of KPIs through effective workflow management
4- Representing QAD
Be an ambassador for QAD/ICAEW
- Conducting visits in a professional and sensitive way, establishing effective relationships with members and gaining their trust and respect
- Identifying and analysing findings and providing constructive advice to members
- Planning and prioritising own work effectively. Being responsible for the quality of your own work, ensuring that it is accurate and error free first time
- Understanding the quality standards that apply to your own work
- Taking action to develop own skills and knowledge and keep up to date
- Taking ownership of effective writing; minimising editorial changes in reports
- Helping members and stakeholders by connecting them with other parts of ICAEW when appropriate
- Playing a full part in the team to ensure the achievement of individual and team tasks
- Taking ownership of the management of WIP, workpack reviews and reports by communicating with managers/senior managers to ensure delivery against the overall KPIs
- Delivering against ad hoc reporting and project requirements; being prepared to put in extra effort to get the job done on time
- Specific duties will vary from time to time in line with the business needs.
- Strong recent external statutory audit experience gained in practice ideally across a broad range of sectors to Senior Manager level.
- Thorough understanding of work undertaken by members / firms
- A wide and up to date knowledge of the accountancy profession and its current challenges including the oversight of the profession.
- A full understanding of regulations, guidance and standards affecting QAD’s service, DPB, and Practice Assurance as appropriate.
- Highly developed people, organisational and time management skills
ICAEW values – for all employees
The 3 i’s are the values that drive everyone’s attitude and approach to working at ICAEW. They help us to collaborate, innovate and be an agile organisation.
- Actively collaborate to identify needs and look for innovative solutions.
- Bring together different groups and communities to work together.
- Empower people to be agile, so they can take ownership and harness the collective efforts of ICAEW in a flexible and responsive way.
- Actively gather insights to develop innovative and considered thought.
- Collaborate with our networks to voice different perspectives and insights internally and externally, to stimulate discussion and debate.
- Be agile in finding new and timely ways to provide understanding and insight to our members, organisations and government.
- Act with transparency, consistency and openness as integrity underpins everything we do.
- Stand by your principles to adhere to the highest professional standards even when facing adversity.
- Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
The Quality Assurance department (QAD) helps to preserve the highest professional standards of member firms by monitoring their compliance with applicable laws, regulations and standards and their adherence to the Code of Ethics.
QAD is responsible for monitoring around 13,000 firms, performing approximately 3,000 quality reviews each year.
QAD monitors firms that are licensed to work in regulated areas (ie, audit, probate, investment business, insolvency and ATOL services under ICAEW’s licensed practice scheme). It also monitors all ICAEW member firms under ICAEW's Practice Assurance scheme (which encompasses anti-money laundering regulation).
QAD help firms to establish appropriate systems, controls and procedures, run their practices effectively, and comply with the laws regulations, standards and codes that apply to them.
The QAD team aims to visit firms at least once every eight years, but visit many firms more often, based on their size and other factors, such as the type of services they provide to their clients. They also carry out monitoring contracts with several organisations in the finance sector that seek ICAEW’s services
Not the role for you?
We often have other roles we are recruiting for and we’re always interested to hear from people, particularly if you have experience in accountancy practice, the legal and regulatory sector, or digital skills. Please visit icaew.com for the latest opportunities.
Why work at ICAEW?
At ICAEW we offer a comprehensive benefit package which enables our employees to choose from a range of options including:
24 days holiday, increasing with service and the ability to buy or sell holiday.
Group personal pension plan with an employer contribution of 9%,
Private medical insurance at family level
An additional day off at Christmas
Potential to work from home and our offices
Season ticket travel loans
As well as offering employee benefits, we truly believe in creating a diverse and empowering culture where our teams can thrive and be themselves. We support sustainability, corporate and social responsibility campaigns and encourage our employees to take a day to work for a cause of their choice, or to work collaboratively as a team in doing this. We nominate and support two charities every year and run all manner of events to raise money. Our active social committees provide fun events ranging from the seasonal parties, to quiz nights and bowling tournaments.
Here are just a few of the initiatives we run to fly the flag for employee well-being, equality and diversity:
CABA supports the well-being of ICAEW Chartered Accountants, ACA students and ICAEW members of staff – helping them through challenging times and also offering guidance for personal development.
Whenever you contact CABA, you will be assigned a highly trained adviser who will devise a bespoke programme of practical, emotional and financial support to address and resolve your situation. Any information provided will be held in the strictest confidence. Please visit caba.org.uk for more information.
Our LGBT+ network, the Together Community, aims to create an open, progressive and informed working environment to support ICAEW's employees and stakeholders. They provide regular meetings and activities, and act as a point of contact for LGBT+ employees and allies for related issues.
Our Diversity and Inclusion network, embrace, creates a supportive working environment for all our colleagues while also encouraging employees to understand the needs of individuals across our organisation. It helps us to understand our individual differences, so we can support each other with respect. If you’re interested in our work around inclusion and these communities please visit: https://www.icaew.com/insights/diversity-and-inclusion and also our Instagram feed
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Risk and Audit Manager - Complex Non-Profit
City of London, London
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits (Part Time Options Available)
Audit Senior Manager - Not For Profit
53000 - 75000
Audit Manager - Not For Profit
48000 - 65000
Finance and Business Manager
£44k - 46k per year