Public Sector Audit Senior
|Job Title:||Public Sector Audit Senior|
|Salary:||£38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cara Whyte|
|Job Published:||March 12, 2020 09:22|
Public sector audit senior job for Top 10 firm, Ipswich.
Hays are recruiting a Public Sector Audit Senior for a top 10 firm in East Anglia. Their dedicated public sector assurance team operates across East Anglia from bases in Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk and London, servicing clients in those locations, as well as Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Sussex and Surrey.
Their public sector clients include an extensive range of NHS, local and central government organisations, including the police and fire services. These vary in size, from £50 million to £2.2 billion gross expenditure per annum, and in technical complexity.
As an Audit Senior you will work as part of an audit team or take responsibility for running the audit, working directly with the client under manager supervision.
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients' premises. Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
To be successful
- Newly Qualified ACA/ICAS/CIPFA/ACCA Qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Educated up to degree level
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
- Working knowledge of International Auditing Standards (IAS), IFRS, UK GAAP
- Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours
- Ongoing career progression
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays for more detail.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's