Public Sector Audit Senior
|Job Title:||Public Sector Audit Senior|
|Location:||East of England|
|Contact Name:||Cara Whyte|
|Job Published:||March 04, 2021 15:36|
Public Sector Audit Seniors required across East Anglia. Flexible working. Sponsorship and excellent salary
Hays are recruiting Public Sector Audit Seniors for a Top 10 accountancy and business advisory firm. Their dedicated public sector assurance team in East Anglia operate across the whole region from bases in Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk and London, servicing clients in those locations, as well as Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Sussex and Surrey.
Their public sector clients include an extensive range of NHS, local and central government organisations, including the police and fire services. These vary in size, from £50 million to £2.2 billion gross expenditure per annum, and in technical complexity.
As an Audit Senior you will work as part of an audit team or takes responsibility for running the audit, working directly with the client under manager supervision. You will manage the audit team and supervises the audit process to ensure our audits are of high quality.
This role is open for applicants that wish to work in any of our locations across East Anglia and London.
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients' premises.
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- When you join us, we'll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far.
We're looking for someone:
* Newly Qualified ACA/ICAS/CIPFA/ACCA Qualified or overseas equivalent.
* Educated up to degree level
* Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
* Working knowledge of International Auditing Standards (IAS), IFRS, UK GAAP
Our client believes that when their people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. The firm will offer you a highly competitive starting salary, which will be reviewed regularly. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, they will also provide the following benefits;
- 25 days' holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
- buy up to ten days' extra holiday;
- private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Manager - Public Sector
Competitive + Benefits
Audit Assistant Manager - Public Sector
Competitive + Benefits
Audit Senior Manager - Real Estate sector
£70000 - £80000 per annum
Audit Senior Manager - Energy and Natural Resources Sector
£68000 - £85000 per annum
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + excellent package