Public Sector Audit Assistant Manager
|Job Title:||Public Sector Audit Assistant Manager|
|Salary:||34000 - 48000|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kendall|
|Job Published:||March 12, 2020 23:41|
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the role
Our Public Sector Assurance Practice (PSA) is fully focused on financial reporting and audit. PSA is focused on the local government and NHS, providing both external audit and internal audit to a wide range of clients. We are proud of our position as the market leaders in this sector and the reputation we have developed not just for the excellence of our client work but, as importantly, for the culture of our team.
Here are some things you can expect from this public sector audit role.
- Making quality second nature. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards and quality we expect from our people.
- Own your own work. You will lead onsite audit teams, prepare and review financial statements and will keep management updated on progress.
- Be a part of a team. You will be working with junior member of the team to ensure that they understand their responsibilities and are receiving excellent on-the-job training.
- Take responsibility. We will empower you to act as a trusted business adviser to our clients. You will oversee all aspects of audit fieldwork and completion.
- Build your brand. Working closely with your people manager, you will find areas where you can develop, collaborate and communicate more effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels. You will get the opportunity to build your brand as a trusted adviser to clients and within our firm.
The minimum criteria
- Professional qualification (CIPFA, ACA, CA, ACCA or CPA) with the ability to lead external audits
- Ideally you will have worked on the external audit of public sector entities in the UK or overseas
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102
- Extensive experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages
- A genuine interest in our clients with an ability to confidently discuss business challenges and needs
- An interest in maintaining and developing your technical knowledge in order to facilitate and lead valuable discussions with our clients
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We are aligned around a common purpose that unites us in providing the same quality experience for our clients and our people, seamlessly across borders.
Leadership: We are committed to the success of our clients, our people, our profession, and our stakeholders at large, demonstrating leadership at all levels.
Excellence: We are passionate about exceeding expectation and delivering high quality work. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
View our video below to see what life is like at Grant Thornton.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Assistant Audit Manager - Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
£Competitive + benefits
Audit Manager - Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
50000 - 65000
Audit Manager - Not For Profit (Happy to talk flexible working)
48000 - 65000
Audit Senior Manager - Not For Profit (Happy to talk flexible working)
53000 - 75000
QAD Reviewer - Audit and Practice Assurance
£70,000 +£6,000 car allowance, pension scheme and private medical insurance.