Property Outsourcing Senior Accountant
|Job Title:||Property Outsourcing Senior Accountant|
|Salary:||£35,000 - £45,000 dependent on qualifications and experience|
|Job Published:||November 20, 2019 10:26|
Harold Sharp Limited has a Property Team which provide outsourced services to family offices, property companies and property funds. These clients are mainly London based but their records are maintained in real time on cloud accounting software.
Harold Sharp Limited offer a complete service including; management accounts, ad hoc reporting requests, quasi FD function, general support and a full range of statutory and compliance services.
There is an opportunity to join the business as a Property Outsourcing Senior Accountant. This fast-paced role would suit a confident individual who can take the lead on managing a portfolio of challenging yet rewarding property clients.
Location: We are based in Sale and have an office in St Peter Square, Manchester. This role will involve some travel to clients in London (approximately once a month).
- To manage key client relationships as the client lead, ensuring that all client communication is seamless and excellent.
- To ensure accurate management accounts, VAT returns and outsourced services are provided on a timely basis in compliance with client and statutory deadlines.
- To constantly develop improvements in quality of information and working practices in the department.
- To provide support and training to other members of the team.
- To assist in quotations, in monitoring invoicing and recoverability in services.
- To ensure that processes and services undertaken by the firm are conducted with a risk-managed approach and to the highest standards.
- To ensure the profitability of the department.
Qualifications and Experience:
ACA qualified – or ACCA / CIMA qualified, with property related business experience.
Good A Level grades or equivalent.
Working knowledge of XERO highly desirable although not essential.
Experience of client management in Practice is essential, industry experience would be welcomed.
- To maintain excellent client relationship and to understand client requirements.
- To oversee and to assist in the ongoing update of the accounting records and the preparation of financial reports (management accounts, tailored cash flow reports and other ad hoc reporting) and tax returns (including VAT returns) for outsourced services to a portfolio of property clients.
- To ensure integrity and completeness of support information on the accounting records and on our internal opendocs records, to provide full audit trail and transparency.
- To quote for new property outsourcing jobs as opportunities arise.
- To embrace technology and ensure that opportunities for efficiency are incorporated in to the firm’s policies and procedures.
- To plan the workload, to effectively prioritise and to ensure efficient staffing and to plan the timing of the jobs at the firm.
We are looking for somebody who is also able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer focus.
- Balanced and measured in approach.
- Risk-based approach with clear warnings to areas of significant financial and operational risk to the Firm.
- Organised with good management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Commercial awareness.
- Tech savvy and tech focussed.
- Ability to support, train and lead more junior members of the team.
- Honesty and integrity.
At Harold Sharp we have a great team culture with a strong, proactive, work ethic. Everyone here has a part to play, our new team member must be prepared to be involved in exciting tasks and more day to day activities.
The new Outsourcing Senior Accountant will have enthusiasm for what they do, taking account of the client perspective.
At Harold Sharp we have some great benefits and have created a friendly working environment. If you’re a Qualified Accountant looking for a multi-layered role then please submit your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you believe you are suitable for this position.
Our external HR consultants at HR Dept will contact you should they feel you have the skillset required to work with us.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Top 10 Outsourcing Senior – Live Role
40000 - 46000 + Benefits
£35,000 to £45,000 pro rata
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Full Study Support
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire