Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£45000 - £50000 per annum
25 days ago
This is an exciting and varied Property Accounting role for one of the UK's largest Retail Businesses. The role of Property Accountant would suit a first time Newly Qualified individual's first move from Practice or second move from Practice into Industry.
Based in Central Milton Keynes, this large retail Business has enjoyed continual growth and now stand as a market leader. The Property Accountant is pivotal within the Business to ensure it's upward trajectory.
The Property Accountant, supported by the Finance Centres will cover a range of responsibilities but are not limited to statutory and financial reporting, tax returns, supporting audit, ensuring accurate and compliant accounting and reporting.
- Responsible for production of accurate and timely management accounts with commentary. Ensuring compliance with applicable accounting, tax, legislative and other regulatory standards
- Production of annual P&L, Balance sheet and cashflow budgets, quarterly forecasts and weekly snapshots for Property Entities, including providing guidance to the dealerships pertaining to rent / rates / recharges and depreciation forecast
- Capitalising all property assets and recharging all dealership assets following relocations / refurbishments, acting as the primary point of contact to site accountants and providing appropriate guidance
- Responsible for all UK finance lease accounting under IFRS16 including the ownership / management of all business rates for the UK and liaising with rates advisors in order to identify opportunities, make appeals or apply for relief
- Tracking all CAPEX and assisting with the preparation of investment papers to Group for all major projects, including Property acquisition and disposal accounting
- Preparation of Year-end accounting to Group, liaising with the external auditors, providing all property audit deliverables and assisting with production of Estates statutory accounts
- Business partnering the Property Director including highlighting risks and opportunities on property proposals/strategies
- Full Accountability and ownership of investigating & resolving internal / external issues e.g. first point of contact for Group Reporting
- Ensure all policies and processes adhere to the Minimum Control Framework; act as a key point of contact for internal and external audit requirements
- Ownership and maintenance of relevant GL and Sub-Ledger, Fixed Asset register and balance Sheet reconciliations / reviews
- Quarterly VAT return and assisting with partial exemption, Capital Good Scheme and capital allowances calculations
- Managing all property finance issues including impairments, dilapidations, Liaising with solicitors for all property and business acquisitions/disposals, new leases, subleases, assignments or surrenders
Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
Exceptional working environment