|Job Title:||Project/Management Accountant|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jack Curtis|
|Job Published:||October 09, 2019 18:11|
Interim Project/Management Accountant - Up to £45k in Sheffield
Your new company
A dominant force in their sector, this company is large and highly successful, and can offer an incredibly interesting 3 month assignment.
Your new role with be reporting to the Head of Finance, this interim role will be responsible for managing the accounting and systems aspects of an acquisition of an additional site. The appointment is expected to be for a 12 week period ending in January 2020.
This role will involve liaison with finance and on finance staff as well as at the new site being acquired.
Your role will include:
- Add into excel management accounts template, including month on month proxy cashflow
- Liaise with finance staff re handover (processes)
- Decide what should be in the take on balance sheet
- Set up Cost Centre & Activity Codes
- Identify which suppliers & customers need setting up in accounting system
- Liaise with Local Pension Scheme re pension balances take on
- Liaise with management re contracts which need transferring
- Amend Financial Statements excel & word docs to add in acquisition, inc liaison with external auditors
- Liaise with HMRC re adding VAT registration
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will have a high level of initiative, ability to work independently or part of a team with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Furthermore you ideally will be;
- Experienced accountant
- The successful candidate will be a self starter who is used to working to deadlines, and able to make recommendations for decisions required from management.
- In addition to technical accounting and excel skills, experience of using a complex finance system in a medium or large organisation
- Take ownership of project timescales & required outcomes, and understand the steps / decisions required to successfully these
- Able to present options to management for key decisions, and recommend a course of action
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment
- Strong communication skills : used to presenting information / options to senior management
- Technically proficient, with experience in a management accounting role, competent with double entry
- Experience of working with medium / large size organisations, and associated complexity
- Attention to detail & used to working to deadlines, including re-prioritisation of tasks as necessary
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a desirable salary equivalent to £40,000 to £45,000 + other benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's