Project Manager - Financial Reporting Lab
|Job Title:||Project Manager - Financial Reporting Lab|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newland|
|Job Published:||January 26, 2021 13:40|
The Lab engages with investors and companies to find practical ways of improving reporting. The reports it produces include practical guidance and real-life examples of how reporting can be improved based on discussions with project participants.
The Lab Project Manager will manage projects in the Lab as well as supporting other Lab projects. In particular the project manager will support the newly appointed Head of Innovation and Digital. This involves:
- Scoping individual projects, with team input, and developing a project plan. In particular, there is an opportunity to work with the Head of Innovation and Digital to consider the range of opportunities for Lab projects
- Researching current reporting practice in the topic area
- Interviewing companies, investors, technology providers, academics and other stakeholders , often alongside another team member, and recording the outcomes of those interviews
- Participating in roundtable discussions with investors, companies and others
- Analysing input from project participants into findings and recommendations for the project report
- Drafting the project report and managing the process of its approval, design and publication
- Promoting the project outcomes by presenting at events, writing articles, podcasts and other communications
- Assisting on a range of Lab projects, across the team
- Ad hoc research on specific reporting, technology and innovation areas as required by the team, or in relation to developing policy.
The role would suit people from a range of backgrounds. It would suit someone with experience of corporate reporting, investment, innovation or technology and a desire to learn and develop. Whilst there will be a focus on digital and innovation, applicants need not have necessarily had significant experience in this area The key skills required in the role are as follows:
- Ability to develop respect and influential relationships with stakeholders in corporate reporting – strong networking and engagement skills.
- Good written and oral communication and presentation skills, able to articulate topics and issues to a broad range of people from commercial, investment, and regulatory backgrounds.
- Effective leadership, organisation and project management skills; able to manage concurrent projects and activities. Ability effectively to prioritise work.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and flexible. Able to work both individually and as part of a team.
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
- Generous employer pension contribution of 10%.
- Staff Employee Assistance Programme including confidential counselling and work life services.
- Values in Practice Scheme, rewarding performance against our values and behaviours.
- The FRC offers staff the opportunity to save at least 25% on the purchase of a new bike through the Cycle to work scheme.
- The FRC has a strong work/life balance ethos.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Project Manager - Taxonomies & Digital Reporting
49000 - 50000
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Head of Financial Accounts
£49,700 - 56,524 per year + + £5,000 Allowance
Interim Financial Accountant
Senior Financial Accountant
£45000 - £50000 per annum