|Job Title:||Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newland|
|Job Published:||January 09, 2020 11:14|
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is responsible for promoting transparency and integrity in business. We are the UK Competent Authority for audit and set the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for accounting, auditing and actuarial work. We monitor and take action to promote the quality of corporate reporting and operate independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. Further information about the role of the FRC can be found at www.frc.org.uk.
The Lab was launched in 2011 to work with investors and companies to research corporate reporting topics and develop pragmatic solutions to corporate reporting challenges. These include topics on the financial statements and other aspects of corporate reporting such as the strategic report. The Lab supports innovation in reporting by gathering and sharing evidence from the market and the broader corporate community and reporting on what shareholders value in reporting.
The Lab engages with investors and companies to find practical ways of improving reporting. The reports it produces include practical guidance and real life examples of how reporting can be improved based on discussions with project participants.
The Lab Project Manager will manage Lab projects. This involves:
- Scoping the project and developing a project plan
- Researching current reporting practice in the topic area
- Interviewing companies and investors and recording the outcomes of those interviews
- Leading roundtable discussions with investors, companies and others
- Analysing input from project participants into findings and recommendations for the project report
- Drafting the project report and managing the process of its approval, design and publication
- Promoting the project outcomes by presenting at events, writing articles, podcasts and other communications.
The Project Manager will also be expected to participate in outreach to promote the Lab’s activities within the FRC and externally and build a network of stakeholders.
The role would suit a professionally qualified financial analyst (CFA or equivalent) or accountant (ACA or equivalent) with experience and knowledge of Corporate Reporting requirements. Knowledge of the investment process and the use of corporate reporting by investors and analysts would be an advantage.
The key skills required in the role are as follows:
- Good understanding of IFRS and other corporate reporting requirements.
- Ability to develop respect and influential relationships with senior stakeholders in corporate reporting – strong networking and engagement skills and the confidence to chair/lead meetings with key stakeholders.
- Ability to analyses and assess primary and secondary research evidence and use such evidence to develop credible project outputs.
- Good written and oral communication and presentation skills, able to articulate topics and issues to a broad range of people from commercial, investment, and regulatory backgrounds.
- Effective leadership, organisation and project management skills; able to manage concurrent projects and activities. Ability to effectively prioritise work.
- Enthusiastic and energetic, passionate about improving corporate reporting to better meet needs of the investment and corporate communities by facilitating discussion among stakeholders
The role is based in our Central London Office. The post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team’s activities.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's