|Job Title:||Project Manager|
|Location:||City of London|
|Job Published:||August 09, 2019 11:24|
Part time or Full time
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is responsible for promoting transparency and integrity in business. We are the UK Competent Authority for audit and set the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for accounting, auditing and actuarial work. We monitor and take action to promote the quality of corporate reporting and operate independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. Further information about the role of the FRC can be found at www.frc.org.uk.
The Professional Oversight Team is part of the Audit and Actuarial Division. We are responsible for a number of statutory and non-statutory functions for oversight of the regulation of auditors, accountants and actuaries, in particular exercising independent oversight over the supervisory and qualifying bodies recognised to regulate auditors.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join FRC and provide project thought leadership in support of the Director of Professional Oversight.
The role involves:
- Monitoring/oversight of the regulation of auditors and accountants by the recognised professional bodies for both company and local public audit
- Providing expert analysis and evaluation of the audit regulatory framework and related matters
- Analysis and review of proposed changes to the rules and processes of the professional bodies
- Liaison with BEIS, Privy Council Office, firms, professional bodies, technical experts and other regulators in the UK and other countries on matters of shared interest
- Attendance at conferences, meetings and working groups; particularly in relation to EU exit
- Drafting responses to government and other external consultation documents (UK and international), particularly in relation to EU Exit
- Drafting papers for the Conduct Committee and the Board on key decisions in relation to the FRC’s statutory responsibilities
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures to deliver POT’s strategic objectives
The ideal candidates will have:
- A professional accountancy qualification
- A sound understanding of the audit regulatory environment and the issues facing audit in the UK
- Significant experience in regulation either in a government department, from a regulatory body or in audit.
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory framework applicable to corporate and local public auditors
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in delivering cross-functional business changes.
The role is based in our Central London Office. The post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team’s activities and also provide cover within the FRC as necessary.
Rewards and benefits
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
- The FRC has a strong work / life balance ethos.
The FRC believes that equality of opportunity and diversity is important in the work that we do and we are strongly committed to being an inclusive employer. Our values of being fair and independent supports this commitment. We are a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme, which means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
Equal opportunities monitoring is an important means of demonstrating and implementing our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity. Completing our diversity form will assist the FRC to identify any barriers that prevent access to employment and career development for certain groups of people, and to develop solutions, such as action plans, new policies and practices. The form is completed on a voluntary basis and we strongly encourage all job applicants to complete it.
Complete the Diversity Form here
Please apply with a copy of your CV and covering letter. In the covering letter, please set out, by reference to the person specification above, how you meet the required skillset
- confirm that you have the right to work in the UK
- confirm your current package and benefits, and
- tell us where you heard about this job
Please note that we can only accept applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
The closing date for applications is 13 September 2019
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000.00 - £39232.00 per annum
£61500.00 - £67800.00 per annum + generous pension, holiday
Finance Manager (Part Time)
City of London, London
£65000 - £66000 per annum + pro rata
Finance- Operations and Change Manager
Up to £60000 per annum
Audit Assistant Manager - Not-for-Profit