£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
21 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
An established specialist manufacturing company in Essex is currently looking for some senior interim support to assist with a period of change and restructure.
The Interim Finance Manager's position is a temporary 12 month role to help facilitate a transition into a new reporting structure and assisting with the successful implementation of the new SAP ERP due to go live in 2020. Additionally the purpose remains to report, advise and influence cost related to the manufacturing, storing and dispatching of products, along with meeting statutory requirements such as the preparation of annual audited accounts, and assisting the top down budgeting and forecasting of fixed and variable cost components.
Key responsibilities of role
- All legal and statutory accounting requirement for the Company, producing all financial papers required legally (yearly accounts, statistics, VAT etc.)
- Liaising with the external auditors and UK Tax authorities
- Managing the accounts department and ensuring that all key objectives and obligations are met by the team
- Producing all financial reporting required legally or by the group and to produce cost analysis to meet internal requirements
- Being responsible for budgetary control, forecasting and product costings
- To assist with the transition from the current ERP (J D Edwards) to the new ERP (SAP), ensuring that procedures in relation to the accountancy function onsite are maintained at a satisfactory level, and improved where appropriate (e.g. purchasing, all accounts ledgers, payroll, expenses, stock control and costing, credit control, budgetary control…).
- Maintaining and improving the IT systems relating to the accountancy function (e.g. finance module, purchasing and stock module, payroll, bank links, credit referencing, costing)
- Managing projects (e.g. analytical, organisational, cost driven…) requested by the head office or local management
- Acting as part of local senior management team Submission of monthly EC Sales return to HMRC and resolving any queries arising from thereof.
- Managing a small team of 2 staff.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.