Project Finance Consultant: New ACA Conversion opportunity
|Job Title:||Project Finance Consultant: New ACA Conversion opportunity|
|Contact Name:||Louise Bridge|
|Job Published:||August 28, 2019 17:03|
Your new company
One of the foremost leading advisory and assurance firms in the world, our client has developed increasingly specialist teams in Advisory over the last few years. This has especially applied in their Corporate Finance services, and one team in particular is now looking to hire a new ACA . This team supports Project Finance, acquisition, secondary market transactions and financings across all sectors. Their purpose is to give clients the right degree of assurance and reliance to support financing, commercial and investment decisions.
Your new role
You'll be working with clients who are funders such as developers or investors bidding for, or seeking to finance, an Infrastructure project, plus occasionally working for those who are looking to acquire or sell interests in assets or infrastructure projects. Frequently a model review might be conducted for a lender, institutional investor or credit agency.
As you might imagine the average transaction size can be huge - often running into the many billions - and decision support is a vital component of assessing the proposed deal/investment.
60% of these transactions are outside of the UK, in EMEA, Asia and the USA.
Deals cover many sectors but typical would be the renewables sector, wind farms, transport/rail, social infrastructure (eg schools, hospitals) covering infrastructure finance and Public Private Partnerships (PPP).
You'll be trained in how to provide assurance on the complex models that underpin these large and complex transactions. This in turn will start to develop a Project Finance specialism, which can be applied in a number of sectors, including of course investment-side.
What you'll need to succeed
* ACA qualified (newly or very recently)
* An audit, or corporate finance, or forensic background
* You may well come from a Top 10, Top 20 or mid-tier firm, though Big 4 also considered
* Eye for detail
* Good analytical skills
* Systematic and organised
* Familiar with financial statements and cashflows
and of course the desire to develop advanced Excel. While this is not model-build/development ,if there's an interest in deploying existing VBA experience on model development this can potentially be supported alongside the main role.
What you'll get in return
- Exposure to large, international transactions
- Working alongside and often with other CF teams, Valuations and Forensic
- The skills to provide critical support for nationally and internationally impactful deals and investments
- The ability to read a spreadsheet like some people read a book!
- A career in Project Finance which can take you to the top in the Profession, or provide onwards career options in banks, sponsors and corporates
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's