|Job Title:||Project Director|
|Salary:||84000 - 85000|
|Reference:||FRC CP - PROJECT DIRECTOR|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newland|
|Job Published:||January 26, 2021 13:37|
The role involves:
- Developing the FRC’s competition policy;
- Providing support to the FRC Board and BEIS to get to the right outcome in broadening competition and choice in the UK statutory audit market, in a way that will deliver high quality audit in the public interest;
- Supporting the development of powers for ARGA that will allow it to address the Kingman and CMA recommendations relating to competition; and
- Engagement with UK regulatory authorities, audit stakeholders and BEIS to develop and implement policy for the UK statutory audit market.
A relevant degree and/or professional qualifications (ideally related to competition eg competition economics or law), as well as relevant experience from a professional services, business analysis, policy development and/or regulatory environment.
The ideal candidates will have knowledge and expertise in some or all of the following areas:
- Developing and delivering competition policy and analysis, including for example in regulatory projects such as market studies, investigations, actions and appeals or similar.
- Understanding of the wider UK competition and regulatory landscape, including concurrency regulation and the legal framework.
- Understanding of the audit market and enablers of quality and competition in audit/ professional services.
- Ability to assimilate complex information and identify themes and to learn quickly about new topics and develop expertise.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including experience of drafting high quality, complex policy proposals and analysis.
- Skills in staff management, supervision and development, including proven ability to manage staff and work well with others at all levels, within and across teams, to achieve results.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Excellent IT skills (particularly Excel and Word).
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
- Generous employer pension contribution of 10%.
- Staff Employee Assistance Programme including confidential counselling and work life services.
- Values in Practice Scheme, rewarding performance against our values and behaviours.
- The FRC offers staff the opportunity to save at least 25% on the purchase of a new bike through the Cycle to work scheme.
- The FRC has a strong work/life balance ethos.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + generous pension & bonus
Director Remedies, Business and Financial Analysis
£91,754 - £105,000 plus excellent benefits
Internal Auditor - £4billion National Infrastructure Project
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Project Manager - Taxonomies & Digital Reporting
49000 - 50000