Project Cost Accountant
|Job Title:||Project Cost Accountant|
|Salary:||£250.00 - £350.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Piercy|
|Job Published:||August 13, 2019 18:32|
My client is a manufacturing business based in Tewkesbury, looking to take on an Interim Cost Accountant for a period of 3-4 months.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the role focuses on the continued development of Oracle-based inventory and costing processes in order to improve inventory valuation and gross margin analysis, to provide robust financial information and accounting control, and to provide effective, efficient analysis and support to Manufacturing and Operations.
To perform the existing monthly Excel-based inventory valuation as part of the month-end process to gain an understanding of the process "as is" and to identify opportunities for transition to Oracle processing;
Work with the Financial Controller and wider team to:
- Walk through the existing material flow process to identify opportunities for improvement, and to eliminate manual intervention and Excel at every opportunity.
- Improve, develop and automate inventory-related activities utilising Oracle, particularly bills of materials, backflushing, stocktaking, materials planning, etc.
- Create and Maintain standard prices in the Oracle system and develop calculation of Standard prices through Oracle Costed Bills of Materials removing reliance on offline Costing models
- Produce a realistic, but achievable, timed development plan
- Implement a robust Oracle-based process for the complete material flow cycle
- Provide support and training to staff.
For more information about the role, or for a confidential discussion about what you are looking for, please contact me on the details below.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + bonus, enhanced holidays and pension
Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
£36000 - £40000 per annum