Project Associate (Professional Oversight Team)
|Job Title:||Project Associate (Professional Oversight Team)|
|Job Published:||November 08, 2019 11:25|
Part Time or Full Time
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is responsible for promoting transparency and integrity in business. We are the UK Competent Authority for audit and set the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for accounting, auditing and actuarial work. We monitor and take action to promote the quality of corporate reporting and operate independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. Further information about the role of the FRC can be found at www.frc.org.uk.
The Professional Oversight Team is part of the Audit and Actuarial Division. We are responsible for a number of statutory and non-statutory functions for oversight of the regulation of auditors, accountants and actuaries, in particular exercising independent oversight over the supervisory and qualifying bodies recognised to regulate auditors.
The role involves ….
- assisting with the scoping, planning and execution of our annual regulatory oversight activities over the auditing professional bodies
- once approved, managing the execution of specific aspects of our oversight plan; such as shadowing the audit quality monitoring oversight activities at the professional bodies and reviewing the implementation of their regulatory policies and procedures;
- carrying out research and analysis relating to the regulation of auditors and accountants; and
- drafting reports and papers for review for the Conduct Committee which oversees this work within the FRC as well as the Board
A strong understanding of the accountancy and audit professions, with some experience of regulation is desirable. The ideal candidates will have:
- A professional audit or accountancy qualification or equivalent experience
- Understanding of audit regulatory environments, the issues facing audit, and of other relevant functions of the professional bodies
- Understanding of the Companies Act 2006, and other relevant legislation (e.g. SATCAR) and its application to auditors and audit regulation
- Relatively recent practical audit experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including report writing
- Excellent organisational skills and project management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
The role is based in our Central London Office. The post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team’s activities and also provide cover within the FRC as necessary.
Rewards and benefits
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
- The FRC has a strong work/ life balance ethos.
The FRC believes that equality of opportunity and diversity is important in the work that we do and we are strongly committed to being an inclusive employer. Our values of being fair and independent supports this commitment. We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme, which means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
Equal opportunities monitoring is an important means of demonstrating and implementing our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity. Completing our diversity form will assist the FRC to identify any barriers that prevent access to employment and career development for certain groups of people, and to develop solutions, such as action plans, new policies and practices. The form is completed on a voluntary basis and we strongly encourage all job applicants to complete it.
Please apply with a copy of your CV and covering letter. In the covering letter, please.set out, by reference to the person specification above, how you meet the required skillset
- confirm that you have the right to work in the UK
- confirm your current package and benefits, and
- tell us where you heard about this job
Please note that we can only accept applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's