Project Associate (Audit Firm Monitoring and Supervision)
|Job Title:||Project Associate (Audit Firm Monitoring and Supervision)|
|Job Published:||July 29, 2019 11:48|
Permanent, Full Time OR Part Time (4 days a week)
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is responsible for promoting transparency and integrity in business. We are the UK Competent Authority for audit and set the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for accounting, auditing and actuarial work. We monitor and take action to promote the quality of corporate reporting and operate independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. Further information about the role of the FRC can be found at www.frc.org.uk.
Audit Firm Monitoring and Supervision (AFMAS) was developed to enhance the FRC’s response to the systemic risks to the stability of the financial markets as a result of the concentration of public interest entity audits within a small number of UK audit firms. In 2018 the FRC was the subject of an independent review and the recommendations included providing a statutory basis for AFMAS.
The AFMAS team will seek evidence on the audit firms in the following areas:
- leadership and governance;
- values and behaviours;
- business models and financial soundness;
- risk management and control; and
- evidence on audit quality.
The Acting AFMAS Director is seeking to appoint two Project Associates to work with the team’s Project Directors on projects in all of the above areas. This is an exciting opportunity to shape the development of a new approach to the regulation of the audit profession. The scope of AFMAS is wide-ranging and we expect to appoint individuals with a range of complementary skills and experience to the team.
The roles involve supporting the delivery of projects in the AFMAS framework by
- assisting with the scoping, planning and execution of projects
- carrying out research and analysis relating to the largest audit firms
A degree and/or professional qualification, as well as experience working in professional services, business analysis or a regulatory field are required. The ideal candidates will have:
- Knowledge and expertise in some or all of the following areas:
- how the largest accountancy firms are structured and manage their businesses;
- how corporate or professional services firms’ business models and strategies are developed and monitored and
- risk management, in the context of a large corporate or professional services firm
- Awareness of the UK regulatory environment, the capital markets, and limited liability partnership structures
- Ability to learn quickly about new topics and develop expertise
- Excellent IT skills (particularly Excel and Word)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including report writing
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
The role is based in our Central London Office. The post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team’s activities and also contribute to FRC-wide initiatives as necessary.
Rewards and benefits
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
- The FRC has a strong work/ life balance ethos.
The FRC believes that equality of opportunity and diversity is important in the work that we do and we are strongly committed to being an inclusive employer. Our values of being fair and independent supports this commitment. We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme, which means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
Equal opportunities monitoring is an important means of demonstrating and implementing our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity. Completing our diversity form will assist the FRC to identify any barriers that prevent access to employment and career development for certain groups of people, and to develop solutions, such as action plans, new policies and practices. The form is completed on a voluntary basis and we strongly encourage all job applicants to complete it.
Please apply with a copy of your CV and covering letter . In the covering letter, please, set out, by reference to the person specification above, how you meet the required skillset
- confirm that you have the right to work in the UK
- confirm your current package and benefits, and
- tell us where you heard about this job
Please note that we can only accept applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
The closing date for applications is 16 August 2019
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Finance Project Accountant
£44000 - £47000 per annum
QAD Reviewer - Audit and Practice Assurance
City of London
£70,000 + £6,000 car allowance, pension scheme and private medical insurance
Head of Treasury and Financial Planning
£65k - 73k per year + bonus scheme
Tax and General Accountancy Case Manager - Investigation
£55,000 - £65,000
ICAEW Senior Moderator for Certificate and Professional Level
City of London
Paid per examination session