Project Accountant x2
|Job Title:||Project Accountant x2|
|Salary:||£37,300 - 40,248 per year + up to £5,000 accountancy allowance|
|Contact Name:||Michael Swinburn|
|Job Published:||May 19, 2021 16:59|
The Government Property Agency (GPA) was launched as an Executive Agency of the Cabinet Office in 2018. The GPA represents a step change in the way that Government property estate and assets are managed efficiently, by providing innovative and flexible solutions across the Government estate. The GPA is expected to grow exponentially over the first few years of its existence; this equates to transferring hundreds of assets (worth billions of pounds) onto its balance sheet from Government Departments, as well as gaining responsibility for the running of a large part of the central government office estate.
The GPA offer flexible working with the ability to work from home with occasional travel required to the Birmingham office.
The Project Accountant is responsible for the recording and reporting of Project costs in line with the Government Finance Functional Standard. The objectives are to ensure accurate project accounting, the creation and planning of projects and accounting of projects including capturing of data relating to time, costs, billing and forecasting. Detailed forecasts are required for each project, with complex financial implications to reflect, and the post holder will ensure that these are accurate and regularly updated.
The responsibilities of the Project Accountants will include
- Operate project accounting processes including capturing of data relating to time, costs, billing and forecasting
- Establish and maintain good relationships with project delivery teams
- Develop financial plans for GPA's projects and programmes and monitor performance against these plans
- Maintain monthly financial forecasts and accruals and support quarterly reviews of projects.
- Support the delivery of accurate project financial data in a timely manner to enable effective decision making
- Provide advice on financial treatment of project costs to project teams
- Promote continuous improvement by developing and improving project accounting processes and procedures
- Play an active role as a member of the wider finance team, contributing expertise in the development of strategies, proposals and work implementations
Key Skills & Experience
- CCAB, or equivalent, qualified or part-qualified with the ability to gain formal CCAB qualifications within a reasonable time.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyse and interpret significant amounts of financial data
- Ability to communicate complex matters to a non-financial audience
- Ability to work well as part of a geographically dispersed project team
- Strong focus on delivering an excellent service to customers
- Strong organisational skills to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel
For more information, please apply using the link, or contact Michael Swinburn or Jack White at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Management Accountant x2
£30,955 - 44,558 per year + up to £5,000 accountancy allowance
Programme Finance Lead x2
£47,073 - 58,207 per year + up to £5,000 accountancy allowance
£350 - £375 per day
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£35000 - £50000 per annum
£42000 - £45000 per annum