Dudley, West Midlands
£40000 - £42000 per annum
22 days ago
In the Project Accountant position you will be responsible for project Leadership of multiple initiatives arising throughout with an ability to work with all teams in the business.
This Dudley based manufacturer are a highly reputable business, part of a wider group - offering some great project exprience with an opportunity to progress very quickly too.
As Project Accountant your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the monthly accounting close ensuring timeliness, accuracy, completeness, and compliance with corporate policy
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances.
- Evolution of new KPIs and actions to address financial performance across countries and business units.
- Ensure cadence in reporting and accountability. Regular reliable reports, meaningful actions, challenge and follow up of accountable actions.
- Establish key data requirements (particularly on inventory) and regularise their production through central service teams leaving job holder free to oversee info quality and address key issues and challenges to business
- Detailed inventory analysis on a periodic basis to understand inventory provision requirements and excess stock.
- Review of inventory requirements to support key business opportunities and review of purchase order requirements in a balanced data driven manner. Occasionally referring decisions up but presenting fair and balanced options.
- Global oversight of inventory cycle counting process; work with the teams to ensure targets are met.
- Take ownership for customer inventory forecasts and visiting and working with key suppliers on scheduling.
Project Accountant skills & experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or ACA)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Proven track record of providing commercial support
- You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and will have gained prior experience within project accounting in particular within the manufacturing industry.
This role offers genuine long term career progression within both this entity and the wider group.