£40000 - £45000 per annum + 10% discretionary bonus, pension
24 days ago
My client is a fast-growing manufacturing / construction SME that is on the cutting-edge in their field and seeking a Project Accountant from the manufacturing or construction industry on a permanent basis. The firm is based in Basingstoke, you're able to split your time between home and the office.
This is an exciting business with massive success, rapid expansion plans and an incredibly relevant business for the times we are in. The offices are in Basingstoke and you can work in the office and at home as needed, either on a 4 or 5 day week depending on your needs.
Main responsibilities include:
- Project accounting for up to 30 projects per month, working closely with engineers on and off-site and subcontractors
- Responsible for month end procedures and implementing streamlined job costing processes
- Responsible for stock, Assets-Under-Construction, Tangible Fixed Assets and Intangible Fixed Assets
- End to end product costing
- Reporting on project budgets versus actuals
- Working with operations staff, engineers and project managers in the pre-analysis / budget of the sites and the post-evaluation
- Overseeing the operation teams and improving communication and process between off-site employees and head office
To be successful in applying for this role, you must have:
- Proven history of working in a similar role within the manufacturing or construction sector
- Clear understanding of product / job costing, stock count controls, fixed asset registers
- Accountancy qualification or be QBE
- Strong communication and presentation skills at all levels, from Board members to engineers
- Strong interpersonal skills, resolving conflict, being resilient
- Advanced use of Excel to analyse data and develop clear actionable recommendations to the business
- Be the point of contact for a wider operations team
- Ability to hit the ground running and move projects forward with confidence right from the start
- Grow the role in line with the growth of the business
The role is offering up to £45,000 and incredible career progression within a growing organisation.