|Job Title:||Project Accountant|
|Salary:||£32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Katie Wilson-Smith|
|Job Published:||May 07, 2020 18:39|
Would you be interested in working for an international development organisation in a varied and exciting finance role? Robertson Bell are looking for a Project Accountant on behalf of a brilliant INGO based in London. This is an exciting opportunity to join this organisation in a position that will immediately have responsibility for adding value.
Working closely with the Head of Finance in an integral role within the finance team, you will ensure effective donor reporting processes are in place for their overseas offices. Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting monthly meetings with project managers to ensure project cash flow and deferred income is managed.
- Oversee income and expenditure ensuring compliance in line with restrictions is maintained always.
- Supporting the development of the financial aspects for each proposed project.
- Developing a budget for each project, track financial performance against the budget and identify any risks and issues.
- Managing and processing public donations and overseeing Gift Aid returns.
- Submitting complex reports to donors and ensuring project donor audits are conducted.
- Providing financial advice and support to overseas offices.
- Provide support throughout the statutory accounting process.
This position would either suit someone with relevant international NGO and major donor (EU/DFID/BMGF/USAID) experience or candidates with experience in auditing charitable organisations. This is a brilliant London based opportunity for progression and will best suit someone who is ambitious, hardworking and passionate about the charitable sector.
The successful candidate will:
- Be fully a qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) or at the later stages of their qualification.
- Have strong aspirations to develop their career within finance.
- Have an interest in international development.
- Have solid excel experience in order to work on multiple spreadsheets.
- Be a confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
Applications will be reviewed on a daily basis however the client is looking for candidates ASAP so please don't hesitate in applying!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35k - 42k per year
International Programme Accountant
£39k - 42k per year
Accountant - Charity
£30000.00 - £32500.00 per annum
Interim Senior Accountant
£350 - 400 per day
Management Accountant - Newly Qualified
£40000 - £47000 per annum