|Job Title:||Project Accountant|
|Salary:||£70000.00 - £75000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Steven O'Connell|
|Job Published:||October 01, 2019 14:47|
Launched in January 2019, the Money and Pensions Service brings together the free services delivered by the Money Advice Service, The Pensions Advisory Service and Pension Wise. We are an Arms-Length organisation, sponsored by the Department for Work and Pensions, with a joint commitment to ensuring that people have access and guidance to the information they need to make effective financial decisions over their lifetime.
As a new organisation, our approach is to put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We will be working collaboratively with our key stakeholders to ensure that all UK citizens can easily access the information they need to make the most of their money and pensions throughout their lives. This is an exciting vision that we want to get right. We will be using 2019 to understand what our customers and stakeholders need from the new organisation. Based on that, we will be innovating and testing ways of improving information and guidance across all channels, so we can develop new integrated customer services and journeys that are both efficient and effective. Your new role As a Project Accountant, your role will see you:
- Research and understand: the needs of the project; the needs of the consumer and other stakeholders; recommendations already proposed (internal and external audit); financial improvement strategy; identify stakeholders; resource constraints and opportunities to maximise the productivity and service levels of the Pensions Dashboards Project and improve transparency and financial control.
- Cost project plan in terms of milestones, roles, budgets etc. Obtain buy-in from affected parties.
- Lead or actively participate in the financial drafting and finalisation of contracts with related suppliers.
- Be the single point of contact between financial subject matter experts, service providers, IT, etc as and when required by the project.
- Effectively communicate with key stakeholders on costs, cost over-runs, underspends against plans and financial progress including financial risks and issues.
- Create, own and produce the project's financial reporting for Governance Boards and Implementation Executive
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful on application, it is expected that you will possess the following skills/experience:
- Fully qualified accountant (CCAB or CIMA qualified)
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software
- Experience of government accounting controls, requirements, policies and procedures
- Experience of working in a project environment
- Experience of costing a complete project across the whole project lifecycle
- Process improvement experience
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organisational skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and instruct others regarding remedial actions.
What you'll get in return
In return you will be placed on a 2 year fixed term contract and will be paid £70 - £75,000 per annum plus an excellent benefits package, working in an excellent Central London location.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Project Accountant X2
£35,635 - 40,248 per year + £5000 accountancy allowance
£43000 - £48000 per annum
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Commercial Management Accountant
£30,500 - 35,734 per year + £5000 accountancy and £2500 part qualified accountancy allowance