|Job Title:||Project Accountant|
|Salary:||£60000 - £65000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jan McQuaker|
|Job Published:||September 03, 2019 18:55|
Project Accountant job on a 2 year FTC for The Money and Pensions Service based in Central London
Launched in January 2019, the Money and Pensions Service brings together the free services delivered by the Money Advice Service, The Pensions Advisory Service and Pension Wise. We are an Arms-Length organisation, sponsored by the Department for Work and Pensions, with a joint commitment to ensuring that people have access and guidance to the information they need to make effective financial decisions over their lifetime.
As a new organisation, our approach is to put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We will be working collaboratively with our key stakeholders to ensure that all UK citizens can easily access the information they need to make the most of their money and pensions throughout their lives. This is an exciting vision that we want to get right. We will be using 2019 to understand what our customers and stakeholders need from the new organisation. Based on that, we will be innovating and testing ways of improving information and guidance across all channels, so we can develop new integrated customer services and journeys that are both efficient and effective. Your new role As a Project Accountant, your role will see you:
- Research and understand: the needs of the project; the needs of the consumer and other stakeholders; recommendations already proposed (internal and external audit); financial improvement strategy; identify stakeholders; resource constraints and opportunities to maximise the productivity and service levels of the Pensions Dashboards Project and improve transparency and financial control.
- Cost project plan in terms of milestones, roles, budgets etc. Obtain buy-in from affected parties.
- Lead or actively participate in the financial drafting and finalisation of contracts with related suppliers.
- Be the single point of contact between financial subject matter experts, service providers, IT, etc as and when required by the project.
- Effectively communicate with key stakeholders on costs, cost over-runs, underspends against plans and financial progress including financial risks and issues.
- Create, own and produce the project's financial reporting for Governance Boards and Implementation Executive
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful on application, it is expected that you will possess the following skills/experience:
- Fully qualified accountant (CCAB or CIMA qualified)
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software
- Experience of government accounting controls, requirements, policies and procedures
- Experience of working in a project environment
- Experience of costing a complete project across the whole project lifecycle
- Process improvement experience
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organisational skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and instruct others regarding remedial actions.
CLOSING DATE 15/09/2019
What you'll get in return
In return you will be placed on a 2 year fixed term contract and will be paid £60 - £65,000 per annum plus an excellent benefits package, working in an excellent Central London location.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
IFRS Project Manager
Up to £61600 per annum
Advisory and Forensic Accountant - Grade 7
£51,050 - £64,750
Project Director (2 vacancies) - Life Insurance and Pension Actuaries
Finance Business Partner
Up to £400.00 per day
Assistant Head of Finance and Deputy s151 Officer
£55685 - £59961 per annum + Local Government Pension