Programme Manager - Business & Finance
|Job Title:||Programme Manager - Business & Finance|
|Job Published:||September 20, 2019 10:48|
Programme Manager – Business & Finance
London or Manchester
Permanent, full time
Who we are
BPP is a global education provider delivering apprenticeships, professional qualifications, degree courses and professional development programmes.
At BPP, we work closely with employers and professional bodies to make our learning as real world, relevant and future facing as possible. We do it for the biggest names and we do it in specialist areas. That includes law, accountancy, financial services, nursing, technology and more. And it covers a range of qualifications to develop careers at every stage and every level of development.
What you’ll do
As Programme Manager – Business & Finance you will be responsible for supporting the strategic and operational development of programmes within the Accountancy and Tax portfolio, focusing mainly on management accounting and financial awareness.
Roles and responsibilities will include
- Presenting between 90 and 100 days a year for both public and in house courses. Focusing mainly on management and accounting – covering areas such as management.
- Reporting, budgeting and forecasting, investment appraisal, preparation of business cases – and financial awareness for non-financial managers.
- Writing material or contributing to material in the management and accounting and financial awareness portfolio. Proactively supporting freelance presenters with their content development also.
- Create a simple and effective range of PD short courses which are commercially optimised and delivered through a variety of mediums (F2F and online classroom live).
- Research of new developments and our competitors offering.
- Development of product strategy to blend the programme with the overall product landscape of Accountancy and Tax and thinking about what accountants and other professions – such as lawyers – would also benefit from.
- Take an active role in the strategic development process including supporting the Director of Programmes and the Director of PD in the creation of appropriate budgets, forecasts and targets.
- Working with the Head of Online Strategic Delivery in the development of an online landscape for BPP.
- Single point of contact for queries related to the range of programmes, providing support to the Director of Programmes and to any presenter resource employed in programme delivery.
- Working on the implementation of large client programmes, including managing the overall project.
- Liaison with BD and marketing to ensure there is adequate support to the programme range to ensure that there is good commercial support to the programmes.
- Assisting in the co-ordination of scheduling of dates for programmes to be run and to ensure that presenters are sourced for delivery and presentation of programmes.
- To liaise with relevant institutes/professional bodies and clients where necessary.
- Manage the academic content and pedagogy of modules and programmes within specialist area/product stream.
- To regularly monitor and review public course outlines and website content, make recommendation for improvements (consistency, language, learning outcomes,
market focus) and co-ordinate their implementation .
- To manage a team of module leaders and freelance presenters to ensure successful design, development, deployment and delivery of programmes within your stream.
Teaching & Student Support
- To undertake a teaching and/or origination load appropriate to the level of responsibility of the role, which is expected to include approximately 90 days of teaching.
- Explore synergies throughout BPP, in particular, contributing to the effective integration of PD into the One BPP philosophy.
- Involvement in recruitment and selection of teaching staff where necessary.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the level of this role.
Supporting the wider PD business during transition
- Liaise with the BD team and attend meetings (where possible) to convert opportunities and leads.
- Contribute to improved success rate in tenders.
- Support the Customer Service Team in Manchester with product updates/
- Contribute to the PD pricing model.
- Familiar with management accounting, business finance and ideally financial modelling, and delivering financial awareness courses.
- Commercially and educationally focused with leadership and coaching skills.
- A strong understanding of the business environment and how it is evolving.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of how PD programmes are used within the field of Finance in professional practice firms and industry and commerce.
- An ability to prioritise their own work and the work of others.
- A willingness to listen and seek out the opinion of others.
- Ability to translate the needs and objectives of the business, in line with the wider group agenda.
- A proven track record of delivering on time, on budget and using your own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to challenge and inspire people to engage in change processes.
- Adaptable to change.
- A good team worker.
- A successful track record of leading and implementing change.
- High attention to detail, tasks completed in full to set deadlines.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Vale of Glamorgan
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Senior Commercial Finance Manager
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Head of Finance
£55k - 60k per year
ACA Audit & Accounts Manager / Potential Director
NAS Senior Manager – Audit Professional Services (Happy to talk flexible working)
60000 - 85000