Programme Development Finance Manager
|Job Title:||Programme Development Finance Manager|
|Salary:||£38128.00 - £49823.00 per annum + pension & free parking|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Wilson|
|Job Published:||July 18, 2019 17:09|
Responsible for providing expert advice on budget design, cost recovery and donor requirements and procedures
Your new company
My client is a global movement of people who won't live with the injustice of poverty. Together, they save and rebuild lives in disasters. They help people build better lives for themselves and speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change.
Your new role
- Provide advisory support to countries and programme teams in regards to strategic donor insight, proposal development, programme design; particularly budget articulation and cost recovery.
- Build and manage relationships with Donors in regards to opportunities and allowable cost frameworks / approaches.
- Manage, coach and provide advice to the Finance Advisor and Senior Finance Analyst. Support their professional development plans.
- Establish seamless working dynamics with the Programme Oversight Team, Programme Funding Partnership, Restricted Funds Financial Oversight Team Global Programme Accountants, P & P, Countries and nodes so as to maximize coordination and efficiency of the budget design phase of proposal development.
- Adhoc participation in meetings as requested by the line manager and/or the Deputy Finance Director.
- Manage relationship with Donors in regard to audit requirements.
Analysis and Problem Solving
- Enable the adequate provision of financial and commercial support to the articulation of proposals including review of budgets, engagement with country teams, etc.
- Work with Bids & Frameworks team to refine policy and process for setting tender day rates based on an understanding of cost drivers and commercial / financial risk.
- Negotiate with the Confederation, line management and the adoption of new compliance and recovery practices. Ensure rollout and implementation of initiatives as well as delivery of targets as per shared responsibility agreements with IPT counterparts.
- Finalise the articulation, rollout and implementation of the cost recovery project strategy, financial policies & procedures, tools and other supporting elements.
- Support budget design to maximise income and cost recovery from donor contracts and minimise losses.
- Support the design and development of training programmes for staff across the organisation related to budget design. Adhoc delivery of this training.
- Identify and develop a number of policies, solutions and processes to manage efficiently donor funds while mitigating risks.
- Design and implement mechanism for tracking cost recovery performance and impact.
- Work in conjunction with Countries, Restricted Funds Financial Oversight Team and PFP and act as a steer for the implementation phase of the Restricted Funding Cost Recovery project.
- Ability to interact with donors to influence and mitigate relationship risk.
- Design and maintain a comprehensive Donor Risk Dashboard.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven record of effectively managing teams
- Recognised accountancy qualification or significant experience in donor budgeting.
- Knowledge and understanding of institutional donors' rules, requirements and ways of working in relation to programme
- funding, with specific emphasis on cost recovery principles and payment by results.
- Equally experienced and comfortable working on commercial, tender and/ or grant modalities.
- Experience in project management.
- Thorough knowledge of country operational challenges and context, expertise in budget design / articulation, and thorough understanding in risk interactions.
- Track record of strong results delivery
- Excellent communication skills.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary with attractive pension scheme.
Flexible working - minimum of two days working from home per week
Free parking with good transport links on the Oxford Business Park
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000.00 - £39232.00 per annum
£61500.00 - £67800.00 per annum + generous pension, holiday
Finance Manager (Part Time)
City of London, London
£65000 - £66000 per annum + pro rata
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + competitive benefits
£20 - £55000.00 per annum + excellent benefits