Professional Negligence: Senior Manager to Director
|Job Title:||Professional Negligence: Senior Manager to Director|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||bonus & benefits|
|Contact Name:||Louise Bridge|
|Job Published:||October 01, 2020 15:35|
A genuinely unique opportunity for a Technical/Training, Audit and/or Financial Reporting specialist.
Your new company
Hays are proud to be working with this highly successful national accounting, advisory and consulting firm on a newly-created mandate. With whole-firm services that run the full gamut of large corporate to SME/HNWI, this client's Forensic team has a reputation that goes before it in the market and a longstanding track record of giving early responsibility and backing its people to take initiatives.
The Forensic team have always been early-adopters of specialisation, and this includes a professional negligence offering lead by a seasoned audit expert. They have created a new role to support this expert as the #2; the agenda after that is your own. Options include training as a future expert yourself, or concentrating purely/mainly on delivery.
Your new role
Audit/Financial reporting negligence is rarely out of the news in recent times and our client is busier than ever with new instructions.
Details are partly confidential, so I would encourage you to make contact for an in-confidence phone call, but in brief your matters would include:
- Acting on/running cases for defence and claimant
- Casework includes alleged audit negligence; financial reporting negligence under accepted accounting principles and IFRS
- Advising on audit and financial reporting matters
- Monitoring and advising on the ever-evolving standards to the application of financial reporting, disclosure requirements, reporting frameworks and more
You'll be at the forefront of developments in the field and the expertise gained in this role will ensure you are one of a highly select and contemporaneous technical professionals.
What you'll need to succeed
Our client is looking at a number of backgrounds that could potentially fulfil this role. These include:
- You may be in a training role currently (perhaps in a training consultancy), that includes audit and financial reporting
- You're in an in-house or consultancy based technical role
- You're in a blended audit/financial reporting role at at least Senior Manager level
- You could be purely audit or purely financial reporting, to at least Senior Manager level
- You might be in a regulatory role, for example on policies concerning the above
In any of these instances we'd be happy to talk you through what this opportunity could look like for you personally, and what the options could be in the future that flow from it.
What you'll get in return
- Genuinely the career agenda is your own. If you like the idea of becoming an Expert in your own right, you'll have the mentorship and cases to help get you to Partner level. If you see yourself as more of a career #2/ delivery-centric Director then that too is equally viable.
- Bonuses are calibrated all all types of contribution, as is promotion. Promotion can be equally off technical prowess as it could be business development - the choice is yours.
- You'll be working in a wider business that has healthy working capital, an investment culture and is exceptionally well-positioned for further long-term growth
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Senior Manager / Director
Dependent on Experience
Business Services Senior Manager / Director
Audit & Accounts Senior Manager / Director
56000 - 65000 + Benefits + Progression
Audit Senior Manager / Audit Director
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits
Senior Tax Manager / Associate Tax Director