Professional Consultant – Members Advisory
|Job Title:||Professional Consultant – Members Advisory|
|Salary:||£65,000 - £72,500|
|Job Published:||September 14, 2020 17:04|
Join our team
Help provide world class accounting, ethics and anti-money laundering advice to our members with this fantastic new opportunity in our advisory team.
Help ICAEW members to remain leaders of the accountancy and finance profession by offering them best practice advice, guidance and professional opinion on a wide range of technical, ethical and anti-money laundering issues.
- Understand, diagnose and provide comprehensive practical advice on a wide range of professional matters.
- Provide excellent customer service; resolving member enquiries from a variety of channels.
- Record enquiries on the member database.
- Maintain a thorough and up to date technical accounting knowledge.
- Develop and maintain relationships with specialists in other departments to share knowledge and to develop TAS.
- Contribute to team’s understanding of members’ needs and expectations, supporting colleagues in offering the best possible advice and guidance.
- Develop material to support members in a multi-media environment.
- Outreach – attending / presenting / supporting at member events
- Specific duties will vary from time to time in line with the business needs.
- Qualified accountant with good knowledge and practical experience of accounting, auditing and company law.
- Recent experience in training or in practice.
- Good knowledge and awareness of guidance produced by ICAEW.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service via various communication channels including webchat and AI bots.
- Strong team player with an enthusiasm for change to meet evolving stakeholder needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to empathise with ICAEW members, offering practical/pragmatic advice/guidance/solutions.
ICAEW values – for all employees
The 3 i’s are the values that drive everyone’s attitude and approach to working at ICAEW. They help us to collaborate, innovate and be an agile organisation.
• Actively collaborate to identify needs and look for innovative solutions.
• Bring together different groups and communities to work together.
• Empower people to be agile, so they can take ownership and harness the collective efforts of ICAEW in a flexible and responsive way.
• Actively gather insights to develop innovative and considered thought.
• Collaborate with our networks to voice different perspectives and insights internally and externally, to stimulate discussion and debate.
• Be agile in finding new and timely ways to provide understanding and insight to our members, organisations and government.
• Act with transparency, consistency and openness as integrity underpins everything we do.
• Stand by your principles to adhere to the highest professional standards even when facing adversity.
• Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
Our department: Technical Advisory Services
We focus on ICAEW’s ethical, technical and anti-money laundering advisory services for members.
Not the role for you?
We often have other roles we are recruiting for and we’re always interested to hear from people, particularly if you have experience in accountancy practice, the legal and regulatory sector, or digital skills. Please visit our job portal for the latest opportunities.
Why work at ICAEW?
At ICAEW we offer a comprehensive benefit package which enables our employees to choose from a range of options including:
24 days holiday, increasing with service and the ability to buy or sell holiday.
Group personal pension plan with an employer contribution of 9%,
Private medical insurance for you and your family
An additional day off at Christmas
Potential to work from home and our offices
Season ticket travel loans
As well as offering employee benefits, we truly believe in creating a diverse and empowering culture where our teams can thrive and be themselves. We support sustainability, corporate and social responsibility campaigns and encourage our employees to take a day to work for a cause of their choice, or to work collaboratively as a team in doing this. We nominate and support two charities every year and run all manner of events to raise money. Our active social committees provide fun events ranging from the seasonal parties, to quiz nights and bowling tournaments.
Here are just a few of the initiatives we run to fly the flag for employee well-being, equality and diversity:
CABA supports the well-being of ICAEW Chartered Accountants, ACA students and ICAEW members of staff – helping them through challenging times and also offering guidance for personal development.
Whenever you contact CABA, you will be assigned a highly trained adviser who will devise a bespoke programme of practical, emotional and financial support to address and resolve your situation. Any information provided will be held in the strictest confidence. Please visit caba.org.uk for more information.
Our LGBT+ network, the Together Community, aims to create an open, progressive and informed working environment to support ICAEW's employees and stakeholders. They provide regular meetings and activities, and act as a point of contact for LGBT+ employees and allies for related issues.
Our Diversity and Inclusion network, embrace, creates a supportive working environment for all our colleagues while also encouraging employees to understand the needs of individuals across our organisation. It helps us to understand our individual differences, so we can support each other with respect. If you’re interested in our work around inclusion and these communities please visit: https://www.icaew.com/insights/diversity-and-inclusion and also our Instagram feed.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Accounts Senior - Charities
Dependent on Experience
Accounts Assistant Manager - Charities
Dependent on Experience
Finance Director - 12 month FTC
Up to £96000 per annum + 10% pension contribution
Finance Business Partner - Capital Projects
£42000.00 - £46000.00 per annum + LGPS, Flexible working
Tax Manager - Not For Profit
Up to £60000 per annum