Product Finance Manager
|Job Title:||Product Finance Manager|
|Contact Name:||Tim Hand|
|Job Published:||November 10, 2020 17:57|
A newly created position, reporting to the Finance Director who is primarily based in London. The Product Finance Manager will be responsible for developing key relationships across the site in Bristol and managing the P&L from start to finish. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build a team of commercial business partners in the near future.
Elvie develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires them to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
- Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Their street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Awardand an IDA Design Award.
- Elvie Pump, the world's first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventionsin 2019 and 'wearable design of the year' at the Dezeen Awards.
- Elvie Catch and Elvie Curve launched on 7th October 2020. Elvie Curve uses natural suction to gently express milk during let-down while feeding or pumping from the other breast. It is small, compact, and securely worn in-bra. Elvie Catch, "Stops your leaks, not your day" is a set of two breast milk collection cups with slip-proof silicone skirts designed for total comfort and confidence. Discreet and fuss-free.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director, you will take on a product focused senior commercial finance role, with an initial focus on the Pump product category. You will work closely with the Product leadership teams to shape the future of our product portfolio with strategic & tactical support to enable profitability of existing products and efficient spend on new product innovation.
- Own and lead on performance management for all aspects of product commercial finance.
- Build effective business partnering and financial stewardship with product teams to drive commercial opportunities.
- Lead and develop the rolling monthly forecasting process for the product category, in line with the reporting requirements of the group, to ensure robust business performance management and planning.
- Improve visibility and governance of profitability drivers including unit costs, key supplier terms, policies, and distribution channels.
- Lead/input into contract commercial negotiations for highly complex, high value, high risk agreements related to contract manufacturing among others.
- Prepare insightful commentary and analysis on Pump products portfolio performance for senior leadership team and investors.
- Work closely with other commercial finance leads to align on inter-dependencies between functional, product and regional P&L ownership and develop shared strategic objectives.
- Work closely across the finance organisation to execute team OKRs. Support ad hoc strategic finance projects including analysis, reporting & projects; influencing cross-functionally to ensure analysis drives action.
- Develop a strong relationship with the financial reporting & control team to ensure efficient information flow and dissemination of best practices.
- Substantial experience in financial, strategic and business management.
- Exposure to new product development and managing product P&Ls.
- Qualified & experienced accountant with proven track record of business partnering with senior stakeholders, driving and delivering change.
- An excellent communicator, and a natural ability to bring the best out in others.
- A"can do" attitude, proactive in seeking solutions and implementing change and a bias for action.
- Advanced Excel skills and be confident in data handling & analysis in a non-interfaced system environment.
- High integrity and high attention to detail with ability to prioritise key information.
- International supply chains & OEMs (desirable).
- Consumer goods or retail industry (desirable).
- Netsuite or other ERP and planning tools (desirable).
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Solihull, West Midlands
£50000.00 - £55000 per annum + bonus
City of London, London
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + + bonus + benefits
Finance Project Manager