Private Client Tax Manager/Senior Manager
|Job Title:||Private Client Tax Manager/Senior Manager|
|Contact Name:||Cara Whyte|
|Job Published:||March 04, 2021 09:55|
Private client Tax Manager or Senior Manager job with Top 10 firm, based either Norwich or Ipswich
Hays are working in partnership with a Top 10 firm, assisting them in appointing a Private Client Tax Manager or Senior Manager to provide Tax compliance and advisory services for a wide range of clients.
You will act as a key point of contact within the firm for the client, together with the Partner. This will involve responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- You will take full responsibility for project delivery on your portfolio
- Have a strong understanding of the technical complexities that clients face and be able to provide clear, concise and practical advice
- Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff
- Liaise with HMRC
- To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/Director/Partner informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
- Ensure that the firm's quality control procedures are adhered to including second partner review
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Director/Partner/, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Must provide overall support to Director/Partners on client matters and assist Director/Partners in the management of the group, this will include support at times for the recruitment and management of staff
- Will work as part of management team with other Tax managers within the business group, and provide support to the rest of the Tax team
- Actively participate in the management of the group through Team/Manager/Director meetings.
- Training must be provided to more junior staff both on the job and through monitoring exam and on the job performance, whilst consistently providing feedback
- Counsel, appraise, develop and motivate staff as appropriate
- Must be able to recognise business development opportunities and inform and work with the Director/Partner and the client to develop these when they arise
- Participate in bids/proposals for new work
- Educated to degree level, and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable post qualified experience
- Strong technical ability in the field of private client.
- Guide and supervise less experienced colleagues.
- Support, train, mentor and advise others in own area.
- Challenge current practice - driving improvements and championing change.
- Take personal responsibility for own decisions and actions and those of others.
- Lead projects of limited scale or complexity.
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays for the full job specification, salary and benefit details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Personal Tax Advisor / Private Client Manager
£35000 - £48000 per annum
Private Client Tax Senior/Assistant Manager - Southampton
Private Client Tax Supervisor
Private Client Tax Consultant
£30000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + excellent package and remote working
Private Client Tax Director / Partner