Private Client Tax Director
|Job Title:||Private Client Tax Director|
|Job Published:||January 06, 2020 11:38|
Menzies LLP is currently looking for a high quality professional who fits the Menzies values and also meet the below job specification requirements to be our new Private Client Tax Director. This is a key position based across Surrey (ideally out of the Leatherhead office) and forms part of the wider Tax Advisory service we offer our clients.
The main purpose of the role is to lead a team of Private Client Tax professionals; developing both the firm and office’s advisory tax offering and work with Partners on business development and delivery of the private client vision; lead on development of private client advisory team and build own portfolio; ensure that compliance services are managed efficiently and effectively and support the development of advisory operations. Work with partners and wealth management team to provide holistic advice to the firm’s entrepreneurial client base.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will provide tax consultancy advice to clients, partners, directors and managers to ensure a high quality advisory service, as well as leading and driving the private client tax services for their particular office and being an integral part of the firm’s private client leadership team.
- Whilst having responsibilities to their specific office, including as a member of the senior leadership team; the jobholder will be expected to assist with the delivery of tax services to other offices and partners as required from time to time, particularly in relation to any specialism that they possess.
- Drive the development of Surrey based HNWI private client services with a view to the firm becoming recognised as the leading provider of private client services in Surrey including the development of an appropriate network of contacts and referrers.
- They will play a leading role in practice development and marketing the full range of the firm’s services, in order to build the office practice and will work collaboratively with other service lines to develop strong working relationships that deliver enhanced value to them
- This role will also have some exposure to international clients and contribution to their development.
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Employer contribution & matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Must fit with our values!
- CTA qualified with a high level of technical advisory expertise (and / or experienced ACA)
- The ability to articulate and demonstrate relevant practical experience in tax planning
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels including excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with clients in person and report writing, with the ability to explain and simplify highly technical subjects to facilitate client’s understanding and support their effective decision-making.
- Self starter capable of motivating, developing and driving a team of professionals
- The ability to combine strong tax knowledge with commercial awareness to deal with a wide range of tax issues as necessary when advising entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals.
- A “hands on” approach, self motivation and excellent client relationship skills are required as the candidate strives to become the trusted advisor to clients.
- Strong relationship building, networking and business development skills
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Private Client Tax Director then apply online ASAP.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Private Client Tax Manager - Southampton
+ Excellent Benefits
Corporate Tax Director
Birmingham, West Midlands
£90000.00 - £110000.00 per annum
Corporate Tax Associate Director - Southampton
+ Excellent Benefits
Corporate Tax (Advisory) Senior Manager / Director
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
£38000 - £45000.00 per annum + parking + bonus