Private Client / Trust Assistant Manager
|Job Title:||Private Client / Trust Assistant Manager|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cara Whyte|
|Job Published:||January 15, 2020 09:28|
Private Client Tax / Trust Assistant Manager job in Ipswich with Top 10 firm
Hays are recruiting a Private Client / Trust Assistant Manager for a Top 10 firm in Ipswich. This role will provide Tax compliance and advisory services for a wide range of private clients, including trusts.
Primary responsibility will be to assist the Managers and take control of a portfolio of clients and their day to day tax compliance affairs, whilst overseeing junior members of the team and reporting into the relevant Manager, Director and/or Partner.
You will be self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills together with an ability and interest in understanding their clients' business. Project involvement:
- Responsible for all day to day tax compliance affairs of clients, and involved with related advisory matters, whilst being supervised by Manager/Director/Partner and communicating effectively to the rest of the Tax team
- To review, tax and trust returns, IHT forms and letters prepared by junior staff
- To review work produced by more junior members of staff
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Manager/Director, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Understand and adhere to cost budgets, meet reporting timetables, prepare key client reporting documents
- Ensure WIP is monitored and liaise with their line manager on client billing Sales and Marketing:
- Supporting bid teams in tenders for new work.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities where they exist for the wider business.
- Ensure professional standards are met and supervise, support and importantly, develop more junior staff
- Communication and representation:
- Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
- Provide an efficient and pro-active service to clients and ensure that the clients' needs are fully met
- To support and work as a team player in achieving activities for their business area
- Ideally to work on own initiative
- Consult with colleagues and Partners on technical and risk matters.
- Ideally CTA and/or possibly STEP qualified or equivalent
- Competent review of junior work without generating significant Manager review points
- Significant understanding of and previous experience within trust tax compliance and advice and within the wider private client role.
- Excellent client service skills
- Excellent knowledge of Tax compliance products as well as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- An understanding of general accounting principles
- Tax advisory experience useful but not essential
- Supervisory experience preferable but not essential
- Able to demonstrate the keenness to get on and do a good job and assist with growing the practice.
- Highly competitive salary
- Ongoing training
- Flexible benefits package
Please contact Cara Whyte at Hays to discuss further or apply on line
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's