Private Client Legal Secretary
|Job Title:||Private Client Legal Secretary|
|Contact Name:||Sasha Dickerson|
|Job Published:||January 17, 2020 11:41|
We are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to support our busy but friendly Private Client legal team in Horsham dealing with Wills, Lasting Power of Attorneys, Probate and Estate Administration, Trust and Estate Planning.
Kreston Reeves Private Client are a successful legal team of lawyers, paralegals and support staff working across Sussex, Kent and London providing the full range of Private Client legal services (including Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorneys, Probate and Estate Administration, Trusts and Estate Planning) to private individuals and their families.
We are fortunate to be part of the Kreston Reeves group which advises private individuals and families, dynamic businesses and not for profit organisations on all areas of business, tax and wealth.
We work alongside very experienced accountancy and financial services professionals who provide valuable additional expertise and services to our clients particularly in the fields of tax and investments.
Firm Culture and Benefits
Having started out over 100 years ago, we are long-standing employers across our office communities in Kent, Sussex, London - and beyond. We’re really proud of the reputation we’ve built and we’re grateful to our people for making it stronger every day. Our strong commitment to living our firm’s values means we listen carefully to our teams and enjoy helping each other succeed – creating a culture in which our employees can thrive and provide the highest service to our clients.
We want all our employees to be rewarded for their hard work and enjoy a balanced lifestyle, which is why we offer benefits such as agile working, and an engagement programme centred around mental health and wellbeing.
We are also proud of our active Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) programme. Our own Kreston Reeves Charity Foundation enables us to consistently ‘give back’ to our local communities wherever we can, as well as provide opportunities for our employees to get more involved in charitable work and in choosing the causes which benefit from the Foundation. We give all of our employees the option to take one day paid each year for volunteering so they can support the charitable causes closest to them.
Other benefits we offer our employees include up to 5% contribution on our pension scheme and a grade specific flexible benefit pot to use throughout the year on a range of benefits (including mandatory Private health plan, Death in service and Income protection) from gym membership and restaurant discount cards, to travel insurance and additional health insurance - and much more.
We are proud of the positive culture and flexible working environment our employees enjoy.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3 years’ experience within a Legal Secretarial role and a minimum 12 months’ experience within a Private Client department
- a professional and efficient attitude
- the ability and a willingness to support colleagues in the handling of the day to day needs of the busy Private Client department including prioritising workload
- relevant technical skills including typing at 65wpm, full command of the Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- a can-do attitude, be highly organised and be able to act on their own initiative
- ability to organise meetings internally and externally for fee earners
- excellent client service skills
- a friendly and helpful telephone manner and the ability to provide a professional standard of communication with clients
- a friendly and approachable manner and must enjoy working as part of a team
- great attention to detail
Your job will include:
- providing administrative and PA assistance to fee earners across the legal team on legal matters for existing and prospective clients
- liaising with clients over the telephone, via email/letter and face to face
- typing legal documents (including transcribing audio dictation), correspondence, e-mails and meeting notes
- preparing bills
- diary management for fee earners
- acting as the first point of contact by telephone and email for clients – both existing and potential new clients
- ensuring all risk assessment and compliance procedures are dealt with
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's