Practice Accountant Executive
|Job Title:||Practice Accountant Executive|
|Contact Name:||Michele Edwards|
|Job Published:||July 25, 2019 09:20|
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career. We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. Through our fresh thinking and agile working, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish
Our BSG Accounts team works primarily with clients below the audit threshold, providing financial and statutory reporting services. We support SMEs to maximise growth potential and also offer additional services through broader service line offerings within Grant Thornton such as Tax, Growth Services and Wealth Advisory.
What you’ll be doing:
In this varied and commercial role, you can expect the following:
- We will empower you to act as a point of contact to our clients, with a view to building up your own client portfolio
- Responsibility for all aspects of accounts compilations for Partnerships, LLPs and small and micro companies under the audit threshold (FRS 102 S1A and FRS105)
- Opportunities to attend and participate in client meetings
- Working with internal teams such as tax, growth finance and audit to maximise clients’ service offering
Who we are looking for:
- You will be either qualified (ACCA or ACA) or qualified by experience
- You will have experience of working in a practice environment (minimum criteria)
- A genuine interest in our clients with an ability to confidently discuss business challenges and needs
- We have an open and collaborative culture and as such, you need the ability to communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels
- An interest in maintaining and developing your technical knowledge in order to facilitate and lead valuable discussions with our clients
- You should be commercially focused in your approach to client work
- You must share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellent, Agility, Respect and Responsibility
- You should be able to work with agility and flexibility to achieve deadlines
Education and qualifications
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You’ll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
40000 - 50000 plus impressive package
£28000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Audit Senior - Independent Practice
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + benefits
Audit Manager/Senior Manager - Top 10 UK Practice
£55000 - £80000 per annum + work from home, pension scheme