21 days ago
Practice Accountant required to join a Newport based practice. Client contact, progression and development on offer, in a hands-on role.
This accounting practice is a very well established, reputable accountancy firm with a progressive, professional and expert team of accounting professionals. They offer a wide range of services to a range of businesses and individuals and have a diverse and loyal client base.
The key responsibilities for this Practice Accountant position at a leading accountancy firm based in Newport are:
* Statutory accounts preparation for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies;
* Management accounting and bookkeeping;
* VAT returns;
* Preparation and submission of Self-Assessment Returns;
* Networking and business development;
* Liaising with clients, Companies House and third parties;
* Preparation of management accounts;
* Managing a portfolio of clients;
* Supporting junior members of the team; and
* Liaising with clients on accounts and tax issues as required.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Practice Accountant role at a leading accountancy firm in Newport, you must be:
* ACA/ACCA qualified;
* Proven track record of practice experience;
* Technical experience in all aspects of accounts production;
* Keen to further your career in practice with CPD and development opportunities;
* Excellent communication skills and attention to detail;
* Proven analytical skills;
* Confident to build client relationships and focus on client service;
* Cloud accounting experience (Xero preferred) would be useful, however, the desire to work with leading IT systems and modern working practices is essential;
* You will possess good accounting systems knowledge and preferably have experience of Iris and cloud software such as QuickBooks, Xero or Sage; and
* Great communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team are paramount, and the role would suit someone who enjoys dealing directly with clients.
Competitive salary (dependent on experience);
Pension and holidays - a wide range of benefits;
Superb career opportunities supported with personal and technical advancement; and
An opportunity to become an equity partner with a stake in the business for the right candidate.