PPM Portfolio Financial Accountant
|Job Title:||PPM Portfolio Financial Accountant|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Highly desirable package|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blyth|
|Job Published:||February 19, 2020 10:23|
Permanent Financial Accountant role with a leading high street banking organisation
Your new company
A leading high street bank are seeking to appoint to their SSC in Sheffield a Project & Portfolio (PPM) Financial Accountant.
Your new role
Following extensive investment across the teams' Technology and Digital teams and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a PPM Portfolio Financial Accountant to join the technological arm of this leading bank.
You will report into the Global Portfolio Finance Manager and will support the ITID Change Portfolio working across a wide range of programmes in the management and analysis of data, process and governance pertaining to financials.
What you will be doing;
- Drive delivery and quality of financial management, across regions and entities of responsibility to meet set timelines.
- Support the monthly re-forecasting cycle, acting as an SME to portfolios and provide advice and guidance as needed.
- Compile reports and provide first line commentary and analysis of variances and drivers.
- Actively seek to minimise variances across the portfolio and drive accurate forecasting by regular communication with portfolio and project leads.
- Ensure that all periodic (e.g. monthly, quarterly, annual) reporting for the team meets set deadlines.
- Support the implementation of changes in financial processes and controls
- Influence key financial stakeholders to drive efficiencies and effective utilisation of funds across regions and entities.
- Support the annual budgeting process as required
- Support portfolio and global governance forums in its effective resource management and utilisation
- Lead and participate in financial governance groups and collaborate with stakeholders on financial planning and resource risks, issues and opportunities
- Actively encourage collaboration across various stakeholders from a demand, resourcing and financial perspective.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Part qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA), qualified AAT or accounting education at degree level with full understanding of accounting policies, forecasting of Cash and P&L, capitalisation processes and accruals/prepayments.
- Be able to communicate finance in a simple manner to non finance people.
- Proven experience of managing monthly forecasting of $50M+ in an IT department of a large, global corporation.
- Excellent stakeholder management.
- Knowledge of process improvement.
- Excellent understanding of common project management terms and concepts
- Self starter, dedicated and a team player.
- Organised and structured way of working.
- Ideally Banking experience.
What you'll get in return
You will join a leading banking organisation with highly competitive salaries and packages commensurate to the role and your experience.
You will be given exposure to tailored professional development opportunities alongside enhanced maternity/adoption pay and return to work support. You will also benefit from a generous employer contribution to your pension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Commercial Finance Analyst - IFRS 9
£50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits
The Chief Finance Officer (CFO) Group
40000 - 50000
Corporate Development Analyst
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum