12 days ago
We are recruiting for a Personal Tax Senior to work within our Tamworth office, to assist with Tax compliance and administrative work. The split with be 75% compliance and 25% Advisory.
We are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join to the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930's with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
We are proudly known as an excellent place to work, with the prized one-star accreditation for employee engagement from Best Companies, an accreditation showing our 'very good' levels of workplace engagement.
We know that in addition to a competitive salary, our team members want benefits that are flexible enough to meet their needs and to change with them as their priorities change. We offer a wide range of benefits which include holidays, life assurance, company pension scheme and employee assistance programme along with a range of flexible benefits for you to choose. These include local gym membership, cycle to work scheme, critical illness insurance and a fantastic range of cash back and discounts with selected retailers on our rewards website.
Haines Watts is committed to develop its people and will provide extensive training offering a full study package including qualification funding, study leave, college based tuition and a mentor who will support the Tax Senior throughout to successfully complete their professional qualification. To be authentic, show passion and value relationships is our primary focus at Haines Watts and we are committed to developing our people within their roles and progress in their careers.
The key duties of this role are as follows:
- Preparation and submission of tax returns and computations, covering Self-Assessment Tax Returns (personal and partnership).
- Filing of returns.
- Maintenance of registers and monitoring of deadlines.
- Advising clients on tax liabilities in a timely manner.
- Assisting in preparing P11Ds.
- Providing support on planning projects and researching technical issues on advisory work.
- Responding to client queries.
- Liaising with HMRC.
- Admin and other ad hoc tasks as required by the Managing Director.
- Professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealings with clients and other professionals.
- Working knowledge of the systems and processes needed to do your job.
- Take part in ad-hoc projects.
- You will treat information and data with the utmost confidence.
Our kind of person:
- ATT qualified or desire to commence their ATT studies.
- Previous personal tax experience gained in a practice environment is desirable.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Efficient and organised approach to work.
- Good IT skills and a working knowledge of Ms Excel. Proficiency in the use of IRIS is desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has a friendly, positive can-do attitude.
- Seeks direction from others when appropriate, achieves objectives, copes well with demanding situations and shows genuine interest.
- Manages own workload and is proactive if help or support is needed.
- Adopts calm and assured approach, makes time for people, shares knowledge.
- Being able to juggle a number of jobs, whilst demonstrating excellent time management skills to ensure all deadlines and expectations are met.
- Takes pride in all aspects of work.
If you are keen to secure a progressive Tax role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm offering a great career progression, please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee