£28000 - £40000 per annum
7 days ago
This is a brand new opportunity to join a market leading private client tax team based in West Kent, near Orpington. My client is looking for a personal tax Semi Senior or Senior to join them either 4 days a week or full time. This is a fantastic opportunity offering excellent training and support, and the chance to build a long term career within personal tax.
My client are a well know and highly respected general accountancy practice who have a market leading and well established private client tax team. They provide a wide array of compliance and advisory services across accounts, tax, bookkeeping, Vat and payroll. This role will focus on perosnal tax serivces from fundamental complaince work throguh to more advance palnnign and advisory services.
Subject to experience, the role will either initially be compliance dominant with the chance to develop your advisory skills or will offer the chance to work in a mixed compliance and advisory capacity from the start.
Typical duties will include:
- Be responsible for all day to day tax compliance affairs of the clients in your portfolio, and be involved with related advisory matters, whilst being supervised by the manager or partner
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the manager/partner, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
- Understand and adhere to cost budgets and meet reporting deadlines
- Ensure professional standards are met and support and develop more junior staff
- Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
- Provide an efficient and pro-active service to clients and ensure that the clients' needs are fully met
- Pay attention to self-development and continuing professional education with a view to progressing within practice
- Consult with colleagues and the manager/partner on technical and risk matters
- ATT or CTA studying or 2-5 years experience within personal tax
- Bright & adaptable with the ability to pick things up quickly & with a willingness to experiment
- Curious with a desire to learn more and with a questioning attitude
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and disciplined approach to work
- Confident in themselves
- Personable with the ability to work with a range of different people
£25,000- £40,000 per annum