Dependent on Experience
Personal Tax Assistant Manager
17 days ago
Albert Goodman LLP
Are you ICAEW/ACCA/CTA qualified and looking for the next step in your Tax career? We are looking for a Personal Tax Assistant Manager to join our well established Tax department in Taunton.
As a firm of Chartered Accountants, Tax Consultants and Financial Planners, we provide high-quality advice to over 5000 local and national businesses and individuals. Our values motivate our people to help businesses and individuals achieve their objectives:
- Through creativity, innovative thinking allows us to explore solutions;
- Excellence in Team work & Communication enables tailored solutions to be made;
- Investment in training & development, creating opportunities to develop and progress; And a Commitment to deliver results.
We are proud that we are a Best Companies 2021 “Outstanding Place to Work”, top 50 employer in the South West, and one of accountancy’s 10 best firms to work for. Our people are vital to our continued success and we are always looking to train and develop individuals who could be our future partners and leaders. A number of our senior managers and partners started their career as trainees with us and have stayed with us throughout their working life.
As an Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for looking after and advising high net worth individuals on personal tax. You will assist in the management of a portfolio of personal tax clients along with general tax compliance work and tax advice. We would expect you to have a working knowledge of all relevant tax rules and requirements, deal with most client queries as they arise, and be able to supervise more junior colleagues.
The successful candidate will have the following essential experience, skills and attributes:
- Personal Tax experience
- ICAEW/ACCA/CTA Qualified
- Strong track record of Tax CPD and high level of current legislation knowledge
- Excellent IT skills and software capability
- Passionate about great service in order to be able to provide a high level of client care
You may also have the following desirable experience, skills and attributes:
- Approachable, team player and willing to act as a staff mentor to trainees and newly qualified tax staff
- Trust experience
- Detail Conscious and Conscientious
- Outgoing and Socially Confident
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
In return we offer a fantastic place to work in the South West with a competitive salary and flexible benefits package.
To apply for this position, please click here to go to our recruitment portal.