|Job Title:||Pensions Accountant|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum + excellent benefits|
|Contact Name:||Ross Brown|
|Job Published:||April 23, 2020 15:35|
This is a newly created role in a growing team
My client is a large Financial Services organisation based in Cardiff City Centre
As a Pension Accountant you will be the designated Accountant to a portfolio of strategic Workplace Pension Scheme clients covering our Own Trust and Mastertrust. The primary duties are the preparation of financial statements and information for clients, end to end client accounts and facilitating audits whilst also fully ensuring that financial controls are correctly applied.
- The role holder will be responsible for drafting Pension Scheme financial statements, annual reports and full end to end accounts (including sign off) in accordance with agreed legislation and current best practice in a timely fashion to support our Workplace Pension Clients, other professional third parties and with auditors to agreed timetables.
- The role holder will support Client Directors, Workplace Sales and Implementation at Client/Trustee implementation meetings when required to fully outline our accounts reporting processes, ensuring Finance and Pension Stakeholders for our Clients have a clear understanding of timescales and detail to be that is provided by our Accounts services.
- The role holder will Contribute to the design and development of new approaches and solutions in line with business and/or client needs; establish processes for managing and administering quality controls and application of established processes to ensure quality of accounting and reconciliation processes are protected. Take responsibility to communicate these efficiencies and work across the teams to deliver them where appropriate.
- The role holder must maintain an awareness of all other business activities across the business and the wider market to enable them to work flexibly with other departments to help develop innovative methods for delivering reporting accounts and data for our Clients.
- The role holder will build strong working relationships across the DC business including the Client Relationship teams, Operational Heads of, Operational Team leaders, Scheme Owners and DC Communications teams to ensure a high quality service is provided to Clients within the appropriate risk, governance and compliance frameworks.
Qualifications, knowledge and skills:
Must be fully PMI qualified
Professional qualifications in relation to the role are required, for example a Part Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) however equivalent relevant or demonstrable experience considered.
Other desirable qualifications include Certificate in Financial Planning and/or any operational qualifications.
Experience and knowledge of DC product solutions, accounting, reconciliation, payment transaction and reporting procedures across Own Trust, Mastertrust and contract based DC schemes.
Excellent accounting skills, written and communication skills including good numeric and interpretation skills
Ability to translate rules, regulations and current legislation into appropriate service delivery within strict timescales
Demonstrable communication skills - previous client facing meeting and experience at a senior level within significant employers and intermediaries/partners is a requirement.
Previous experience in a similar pensions accounting role, including sound knowledge of accounts production to trial balance. Production of statutory accounts preferred
A base salary on a range up to £45,000 per annum
excellent pension scheme,
25 days' holiday,
private medical insurance,
discretionary performance related bonuses,
a variety of share schemes,
discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's