19 days ago
We provide advice to both trustees and sponsoring employers, tailoring our services to the circumstances, but specialising in simplifying complex issues around securing future funding and managing, reducing and removing risk.
We have participated in over 400 covenant review and transaction-based assignments over the last ten years, working closely with the Pensions Regulator (tPR) and the Pension Protection Fund (PPF), where secondment programmes have given us a unique insight into how they work. We have also acted as lead advisers on ground-breaking pension-centric corporate restructurings (including Kodak and UK Coal) where we instigated innovative solutions to complex problems.
We are now looking for a driven and credible senior pensions professional to join Grant Thornton as an integral member of the leadership team, location is flexible. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to step into a challenging and rewarding role for a firm that is invested in the growth of our pensions advisory team.
What you’ll be doing:
- you’ll advise trustees and sponsoring employers on complex issues surrounding employer covenant assessment, scheme specific funding and the pensions transaction clearance procedure
- along with the rest of the team, you’ll contribute to the delivery of an individual analysis of a pension scheme's covenant, providing sufficient and appropriate evidence to conclude on the financial strength of its sponsoring employer/s and their ability to make good any the deficit or future shortfall in investment returns
- changes in Pensions legislation require trustees of defined benefit pensions schemes to closely monitor the covenant afforded to the scheme by their sponsoring employers and react to 'Type A' events. You will be responsible for advising both trustees and employers in this area
- assessing the covenant implications of a variety of Employer transactions such as sales, acquisitions, refinancings and distressed scheme and /or corporate restructurings,
- consideration of apportionment arrangements and PPF guarantee certification
- You’ll be an integral part of developing the growth strategy for the team in line with the wider firms goal. You should expect this to include marketing, and networking events within the pensions advisory community
Who we're looking for:
- A Qualified Chartered Accountant, ACA/CA/ACCA or equivalent, or a corporate finance qualification
- You’ll have experience of managing a large portfolio of advisory clients
- Strong experience within pension covenant advisory services (as detailed above)
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Desire and ability to market and develop business
- You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs. We recognise the time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.