|Job Title:||Payroll Manager|
|Contact Name:||Jacob Jones|
|Job Published:||March 12, 2020 15:16|
Exciting opportunity for a Payroll Manager looking to join a dynamic team. Client contact and payroll skill development on offer in this successful team
This very successful business and professional services firm of accountants has developed a strong reputation for delivering quality services, along with building strong relationships with its wide ranging client bases, across varying industries and size of client. The firm offers a very supportive and team focused environment, reflected by a low staff turnover and long serving staff. A paperless, digitally-transformed firm who strongly believe in using technology to help their clients stay on top of their books and accounts.
The key responsibilities for this Payroll Manager position at a leading Accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- Responsible for ensuring all allocated payrolls are completed accurately and on time
- Processing all incoming payroll impacting information and transactions e.g. new starters, leavers, absence, statutory leave and pay, tax codes & NI category changes
- Processing and reconciling all fixed pay instructions e.g. basic salary changes, pay uplifts etc
- Processing all weekly and / or monthly variable pay instructions from sites e.g. bonuses, shift allowances, overtime etc.
- Producing and submitting all BACS any other external or 3rd party payment files.
- Producing and submitting all HMRC RTI and auto enrolment pension files.
- Producing and delivering high quality payroll output files to customers that comprise payslips, reports KPI's etc. relating to their respective payrolls.
- Preparing journals for submission to finance along with any other information required to ensure accurate financial statements.
- Dealing with correspondence to employees, sites and external parties e.g. overpayment recovery letters, Benefits Agency / Child support requests for information, financial references etc.
- Ensuring all required controls are correctly operated and all required evidence is produced and retained, resulting in a robust and secure payroll process.
- Proactively recommending improvements to existing processes based on the identification of recurring issues or possible future risks.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Payroll Manager role at a leading Accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
* A sound knowledge of all the technical aspects of payroll including BrightPay software, SSP, SMP, SPP, CIS, P45s etc
* Minimum of two years experience in the payroll function is required
* A good knowledge of purchase ledger and associated accounting processes.
* An ability to perform routine administrative duties for the joint managing directors will also be a key requirement for this post.
* Ability to answer queries internally and from external contacts so a good telephone manner and communication skills is a requisite.
* Problem solver
* Organised, trustworthy and reliable
* The ability to multitask
Fantastic office location
Well established, supportive team
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's