Leeds, West Yorkshire
£35000 - £40000 per annum
17 days ago
Excellent opportunity for a Newly Qualified Accountant to join a dynamic Financial Services business, in a commercial and outfacing Project Accountant position.
My client are a successful and well-established Financial Services business who are focused on continuously seeking out improvement opportunities and delivering positive change to their customers.
As Payments & Project Accountant, you will sit in the Financial Controls team and will be responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities, liaising with key stakeholders and driving positive change throughout the business.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Review regulatory change within the industry relating to payments and analyse their impact on the business, and consider how these changes can be implemented across the business
- Work on all phases of payments related projects through to their delivery
- Liaise closely and business partner with non-finance stakeholders within the business, influencing positive change
- Lead work streams and attend project workshops to ensure departmental requirements are captured
- Work closely with team members to integrate project related initiatives into day to day activities
- Challenge existing processes within the department and identify system and process improvement
- Deputise for Financial Control Lead as appropriate
- Qualified Accountant
- Knowledge/experience of a Financial Services environment
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge, numerical and financial awareness
- Proactive and a Self-Starter
- Confident communicating with non-finance stakeholders and leading work streams
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player
- Experience of end to end process reviews
- Knowledge of payment schemes and rules (desirable)
In return, the client are offering a competitive salary plus wider benefits. They also offer an excellent flexible working policy.