Partner and Director, Forensic Accounting
|Job Title:||Partner and Director, Forensic Accounting|
|Job Published:||March 23, 2020 09:38|
Hays Executive is proud to be working in partnership with a leading, multi-office independent practice with an enviable track record of year-on-year growth; they remain one of the fastest-growing Advisory firms in the UK. They are looking to appoint a Partner and/or Junior Partner into the established London Forensic team, plus to capitalise on further UK hubs where there is an existing Advisory office but currently no Forensic in those regions.
About the firm:
Described by many as “a twenty-first century Advisory firm,” our client is a leading, multi-office independent practice with an enviable track record of year-on-year growth; indeed they remain one of the fastest-growing Advisory firms in the UK. Their consultancy helps clients through transactional mandates, business performance and underperformance, litigious/contentious matters, asset-tracing and much more; the firm is noted for its Partner-led approach on all projects. Founded by and continuing to attract Partners from considerably larger firms, core services include Forensic Accounting, developed from a strategic acquisition. A strong sell to market is the firm’s ability to offer a matrix of broad situational and deep sector expertise, and they are well-positioned to take further market share in both.
The strategy is now to double their current fee income in the next 3-5 years, and this will be achieved via strategic Partner/Director hires as well as organically.
As an independent firm there are no conflicts of interest, no drawn-out risk assessment, no political conflicts; just a genuinely collaborative culture where Partners across the service-lines often “hunt in packs” and are incentivised to refer opportunities.
In this progressive, commercial business Forensic Services are a critical part of their offering and they now seek to further expand this specialist presence in London, plus certain key UK locations.
Forensic strategy and opportunities:
The Forensic function is currently centred out of two UK locations, including London.
The strategy is now to add a Partner and/or Junior Partner into the established London Forensic team, plus to capitalise on further UK hubs where there is an existing Advisory office but currently no Forensic in those regions.
A brief overview of the current forensic practice includes:
- Well-regarded Forensic Partners whose individual practices have minimal overlap
- Casework is largely civil disputes (contractual disputes, warranty claims, negligence claims, mis-selling claims, partnership and shareholder disputes etc), with a sizeable amount of fraud work (criminal and civil), compulsory purchase order and matrimonial work. Many cases involve valuation work.
- The Partners/Experts pride themselves on being actively involved in cases and adopting a pragmatic and commercial approach.
- The high-calibre staff get to work closely with Experts and are given early responsibility including, when ready, acting as named expert on smaller cases. This has helped the team’s excellent retention record.
Whether you are commercial, civil or criminal biased in specialism, you will be joining a culture that gives you the autonomy to pursue the markets of your choice and pre-empt developments in this ever—evolving field. Partners are around 50% chargeable, so there is plenty of scope to further develop your practice and profile.
For the regional locations you would have:
- Project delivery from current Forensic staff
- Existing regional office and infrastructure, with staff from other advisory disciplines
- An advisory brand already warm to local advisory referrers, eg. lawyers and accountants
- The ability to hire dedicated staff at an appropriate stage of business growth
- A whole-firm approach that means each region is fully integrated
And irrespective of location, you would additionally benefit from:
- A genuinely personal working relationship between the Partners
- A culture that underwrites risk to try new commercial opportunities
- Good work-life balance; a firm that does not “sweat its assets”
- The versatility to grow the top and bottom line
- A voice at the table to contribute to the firm’s future strategy
The firm seek to engage at Director, Associate Partner and Partner level. You’re likely to be one of the following:
- An established Associate Director, or Director, who would welcome a more transparent and meritocratic path to Partner. The firm enables your pathway via Junior Equity Partner being the first step up.
- A Director who is off first base in terms of attributable billings, but for whom the Partner title is not currently an option internally.
- A Junior/Associate Partner who wants to break free from a brand that overshadows you, but retain the guidance of established Partner mentors.
- An established Partner looking to maximise on % of billings for the last few years of your career.
- An existing Partner who seeks a more dynamic, collaborative and investment-driven culture.
- A Partner who seeks to be the go-to Forensic expert in their region, but may need to break out of your current firm brand to fully achieve this.
How to find out more:
We would welcome the opportunity to have a tailored discussion and answer your questions by booking a fully in-confidence call. A detailed briefing document is also then available after the initial call.
Please contact, in full confidence:
Louise Bridge, Business Director, Corporate Advisory
Tel: 0203 465 0137 or Mobile 0772 521 4433
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's