pension and holiday pay
21 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
We have an opportunity for a temporary part-time Accountant working with one of our Local Authority clients. The role is 100% working from home - all equipment will be provided. The position is available immediately, initially until the end of August 2021, but with potential to extend - there will be a handover period (virtually of course!).
The main tasks
- Budget monitoring and providing budget updates to Directors, other Local Authorities, Strategy Groups, and other stakeholders
- Liaison with Welsh Government re grant spending plans, monitoring and claims, working within tight deadlines
- Holding monthly meetings with budget holders and weekly meetings with the Senior Leadership Team and Chief Officers
- Liaise with external auditors on Local Authority Audits for end of year Grant Expenditure
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations and corporate procurement rules
- Support and Training for an accounting technician
- Create reports for Joint Committee reports
- Attend Joint Committee and Executive Board Meetings;
- Preparation of Budgets
- Costing and pricing
- Liaising with Audit Wales
We are looking for a talented all round accountant - qualified , finalist or an exceptional QBE Accountant - happy to work remotely and hit the ground running. Available to start quite quickly to have a good handover with the current incumbent.
What's on offer
An interesting part time temporary assignment, working from home with all equipment provided - working alongside a friendly team. They operate flexi time so the hours can be worked very flexibly. Even including evenings and weekends if desired.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this part time role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.