Part Time Financial Controller
|Job Title:||Part Time Financial Controller|
|Contact Name:||Mandy Baines|
|Job Published:||June 16, 2020 13:53|
Your new company
Privately owned, established niche successful business on the outskirts of Colchester, Essex are looking to recruit a Part Time Financial Controller, 20 hours a week (over 3-4 days) to provide support to the Managing Director and wider business in the production of accurate and timely statutory reporting and management information, ensuring efficient operations of the financial elements of the ERP system and safeguarding the assets of the business.
Your new role
This is a newly created role due to the continued growth of the business and to support onward strategic growth plans. Reporting into the Managing Director the Part Time Financial Controller will be responsible for the management and development of an Accounts Assistant and the management and ongoing development of the finance function.
Key Result Areas:
- Preparation of month end accounts.
- Produce all balance sheet reconciliations, including the timely resolution of reconciling items.
- All payments including foreign currency
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts including P&L and cashflow.
- Managing the annual audit and annual statutory accounts preparation.
- Continually improve financial processes.
- Maintain completeness and accuracy of financial information on the business system, including continuous improvement to ensure that systems are utilised fully to support the business.
- R&D tax credit claim & record keeping.
- PAYE and HMRC contact, including submission of VAT returns.
- Ad hoc projects.
Key Success Criteria
- Business results available 5 working days after month end.
- Continuous improvement of the ERP system to ensure accurate and efficient running of all finance processes.
- Budgets and forecasts prepared and reviewed in line with the annual calendar.
- VAT returns digitally submitted within the HMRC deadlines.
- Financial Statements finalised with auditors within five months of year end.
- Management information includes actionable observations to improve profit and cash.
What you'll need to succeed
The Part Time Financial Controller will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or be qualified by experience and have previously held the position of Finance Manager or Financial Controller.
They will have good technical ability, effective planning and organising skills and strong IT experience. They will have previous experience of working on and embedding ERP systems into the business, and producing and developing focused management information. The Financial Controller will be keen to develop themselves and their team and always looking to drive commitment for the continuous improvement of processes, systems, controls and reporting to support the business. They will be highly personable a good communicator at all levels and have effective planning and organising skills.
What you'll get in return
The Part Time Financial Controller will be joining a established successful business with a track record of sustainable growth and have exciting and achievable strategic growth plan.They will work closely with the Managing Director and the Management Team and really have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the business. They will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
£55000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + + benefits
Financial Controller for global manufacturer
70000 - 90000
Financial Accountant (6 Month FTC)
£48000.00 - £52000.00 per annum