Part Time Financial Controller
|Job Title:||Part Time Financial Controller|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||Up to £50000.00 per annum + pro rata|
|Contact Name:||Catherine Hill|
|Job Published:||November 11, 2019 18:26|
Part Time Financial Controller for a tech business in Leeds
An opportunity has arisen for a Financial Controller to join a growing digital communications/ tech business in North Leeds. Reporting to the Managing Director this role sits on the senior management team and will support the Directors of the business with all aspects of Financial Management alongside providing insight and analysis to support commercial decision making.
The Role: This is a new role so you will be responsible for developing all aspects of financial management within the organisation including implementing financial policy, developing financial reporting and financial controls and procedures across the business in line with statutory best practice and providing commercial insight and support to the management team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Overseeing transactional processes and procedures.
- Producing monthly and annual accounts for the business including monthly board packs and financial analysis.
- Ensuring all tax, PAYE, NI, VAT and corporation tax is paid within statutory timelines.
- Budgeting and forecasting including proactive cost management.
- Cashflow management and forecasting
- Cost management.
- Financial modelling including creating and developing models.
- Developing financial reporting to provide in-depth profitability and analysis.
- Providing financial support and advice to the leadership team including investment analysis and appraisal, contract and pricing reviews, return on investment analysis.
- Liaising with external third parties including auditors.
- Managing third party contractual arrangements.
- Fully qualified accountant (CA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Previous experience in a similar position, including experience of providing Financial Control within an organisation.
- Experience of managing staff within the Accounts department.
- Excel modelling skills.
- Proven team player with leadership skills including the ability to advise and influence.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to support, advise and influence managers from different parts of the business whilst providing strong financial control where necessary
- Strong IT literacy, etc word, excel etc
- Knowledge of financial systems such as Xero
- Critical thinking and good analytical skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's