Outsourcing Assistant Manager
|Job Title:||Outsourcing Assistant Manager|
|Contact Name:||Human Resources|
|Job Published:||November 27, 2019 15:58|
Business Services Division
‘Variety' best describes the work of this division. You could be involved in the audit of any organisation from a listed company to working with owner-managed businesses. Sole traders and partnerships don't always have the accounting infrastructure of larger companies, so they rely on us for day-to-day financial advice. Our clients include natural resource companies, tech companies, professional practices and retailers. Your work could range from conducting audits at clients' premises to preparing management or statutory accounts
What skills will you need to be effective in this role?
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose and aim of the role
The Outsourcing team is a growing and dynamic part of the Business Services Division, offering room for career progression. The successful candidate will have their own portfolio of clients, covering a range of industries and service offerings, from management accounts to VAT and statutory accounts. They will assist the Managers and Partners in providing a high quality service to a wide variety of businesses.
Duties and responsibilities
• Control of a portfolio of clients, ensuring all reporting & payment deadlines are met.
• Full review of management accounts, reports and VAT returns, ensuring technical accuracy and that any anomalies are resolved before submission to the client.
• Full review of statutory financial statements and supporting work paper files, ensuring technical accuracy and that any anomalies are resolved before submission to the client
• Coordination of the submission of VAT returns, EC sales lists and Intrastat return, and any necessary payment. Liaising with local service providers, ensuring all foreign compliance returns are filed in a timely manner, as needed.
• Liaising and responding effectively to reporting or ad hoc technical queries from clients whether by email or telephone. Delegate down responsibilities where possible
• The review of payment runs and online BACs payment submissions
Staff supervision and control of work
• Regular review and scheduling of work plans for staff to ensure resources are fully and efficiently utilised
• Supervision of Accounts Assistants and Financial Administrators, ensuring that they are completing their work correctly, providing guidance where necessary
• Complete regular appraisal documents and attend feedback/coaching sessions for staff in order to continue developing the skillsets in the team
• Identify and, where appropriate, implement enhancements to the existing compliance/processing routines, and control systems to improve efficiencies
• Communicate proactively and effectively with clients and relevant team members
• Review of specialised / ad hoc reports for clients when required. E.g. budgets, cash flow statements
• Thorough understanding of comprehensive VAT reporting requirements – Making Tax Digital, imports, purchase & sale of EC goods & services
• Keep up to date with technical developments affecting work. Carry out proactive research (tax & financial reporting related)
• Enhance and develop variety of accounting software skills to ensure knowledge with accounting packages on the market and benefits/differences of each is kept up to date
• Operate a variety of standard office machines, including a personal computer and a variety of computer software, scanner, telephone, fax, shredding machine and photocopying machine
Clients and relationships
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, supervisors, suppliers and clients.
• Organise and attend regular client meetings
• Understanding client environment, systems, business, and risk factors
• Understand the Service Level Agreement in place with client. i.e. the contracted scope of work so that fees can be agreed for any additional work requests
• Overseeing and control timetable and processes of yearend procedures and liaising with auditors • On boarding of new clients, and overseeing the accounting package and chart of accounts set up • Liaising with other departments as needed. E.g. Payroll, VAT, Corporation tax, Audit etc
• Attend networking events to build and develop contacts
• WIP & billing control; implement and monitor budgets, overseeing costings on client portfolio and reporting / explaining recovery to management on a monthly basis. Prepare and review monthly and ad hoc bills
• Take control of other administrative tasks in portfolio, such as review and updates to Service Level Agreements and Fee increases, KYC updates, and system notes available
• Assist/help towards projects in the team, to be achieved by deadlines set. E.g. efficiency drives
• Attend manager and partner meetings and contribute ideas on projects, change implementation and review performance of portfolio (variances etc)
• Reporting on a regular basis to Management and other Heads of Department as required
Skills and Qualifications
• ACCA/ACA qualified
• Previous experience working within an accountancy practice firm in a similar role is required
• Software knowledge ideal but not mandatory (Xero, Sage, QuickBooks, Receiptbank and Autoentry)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's