Competitive + Excellent Benefits
8 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Your new company
Leading specialist Distribution/Supply Chain business is looking to recruit a qualified accountant to join the business as Operational Finance Manager on a 12 month FTC to take responsibility for the Financial Management, Control and Reporting for sites in Colchester, Essex and one in Lincolnshire.
Your new role
The Operations Finance Manager will work closely with and provide business partner support to the Operations teams to gain a high level of understanding of the drivers of cost and efficiency, and the relationships with key suppliers. An excellent ability to develop and produce accurate, high impact and value adding management reports and KPIs appropriate to a variety of stakeholders is extremely important in this role. The role will be predominantly based in Colchester or Remote with the necessity to be flexible to travel to the facility in Lincolnshire and to the group office in London.
- Provide leadership to, and day to day management of, two Operations Accountants based in Colchester and one in Lincolnshire.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of monthly and year end results reporting.
- Full review and implementation of improved monthly reporting process and KPI reporting
- Leading the Distribution budgeting and forecasting process, ensuring accurate and timely preparation in line with the centrally managed timetable and working closely with operational heads and with our central Finance team.
- Responsibility for reconciling the Balance Sheet and for key balance sheet items.
- Ensuring that the company follows group policies (both operational and financial).
- Manage business operational roadmaps to drive profit maximisation actions and track progress.
- Developing relevant reporting and information systems.
- Working with other department heads to improve processes.
- Working with the wider finance team to deliver group objectives.
- Key input into supplier contract renewals and tenders.
- Ensuring that best practice financial controls are followed, and that Group accounting policies are correctly applied to the company, including recharges to other Departments within .
- Conduct regular cost centre reviews with Department heads.
- Prepare and present targeted information to a range of stakeholders as required (e.g. warehouse team leaders, distribution leadership team, other department heads).
What you'll need to succeed
The Operations Finance Manager will be a Qualified Accountant with proven financial management, business partnering and process improvement experience ideally gained within a logistics/supply chain/warehouse environment.
You will be a highly analytical self starter who will enjoy working closely with the business Operational Managers, SMT and board to get behind the numbers, implement relevant and meaningful KPI's and produce high quality management information with analysis and commentary.
The Operations Finance Manager will be a confident communicator able to liaise and influence at all levels, you will have experience of people management and development and have strong IT skills including Excel to an advanced level and experience of reporting tools such as Anaplan, Power BI, TM1, Crystal or HFM.
What you'll get in return
You will be joining a highly successful business at a very exciting stage of capital investment and modernisation in a role where you can really make a difference and add value. The Operations Finance Manager will be offered a highly competitive salary and bonus plus flexible benefits package The business embraces technology.
This role will be remote with occasional travel to the two sites and London office and have flexible/consolidated working too.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.